1.2.1 Detect Mode

Thank you for trying to help me.

I’m watching a video on YouTube, where somebody is demonstrating Scaler-1.6.1.

If you watch the video you can see him clicking on each cord, then he selects the Midi Bind button.

This selects all cords so that you can hear those cords in the paten. However this doesn’t work for me. I’m am using Sonar also REAPER

Hi @Bozzfrog

I have just re-watched the video, and Joshua is playing on his MIDI controller to play those chords.
We don’t see it on the video, and it appears to playback all the chords as a pattern. This is actually a feature that is missing at the moment and we plan on adding it in the next release.

If you want Scaler to play the chords, you can use the builder and use the playback functions. You can select multiple chords using Right-click -> Add to selection and drag them all to the bottom area.

Ctrl+Click or CMD+Click (Windows / Mac) also work for the multi-selection.

Joshua seems to be very clear in the video, as you see him using the mouse pointer to select the midi bind button, and not using a controller. However, even if he was using a controller the functions would still be the same. Surely you don’t need a Midi controller to activate the midi bind button. Do you?

Hi @Bozzfrog,
He is just clicking on the buttons and it is triggering the individual chords, he then clicks midi bind to play those chords by triggering the corresponding note on his controller. Is that your intention? Is it not happening for you?

As I said before you shouldn’t need a midi controller to activate the Midi Bind Button.

I’m sure the intension of this button is meant to play chords in selected groups A, B, C,

and not individual chords. So in both cases using a Midi controller or click this button with the mouse still dosn’t work as it should.

@BozzfrogWithout ending up in an ongoing discussion characterised by confusion I’d like to point out a few things:

1. Have you read the manuals and looked at online resources to fully understand how to use Scaler?
  2. You do not need a Midi Controller to use Scaler. You can use your DAW’s control keyboard or you can click on the individual chords
  3. Are you expecting that each group (A,B,C) will play through with a midi controller because this is not what scaler does, it can play through the C section with or without a midi controller.

I hope that clarifies things for you. If you have any suggestions for Scaler we would love to hear them in the appropriate thread.

Apart from the explanation in the Video, can somebody tell me what the main purpose of the Midi Bind Button is used for? Also, where can I find a manual for Scaler.

Go to “My Account” in Plugin Boutique and where you see your purchased plugins you have the option to download the Manual.

Hi @Bozzfrog

There is an explanation (with screenshots) a couple of posts above your last reply. To make it simple, Bind MIDI allow you to trigger complex chords by pressing only one key.

You can also access the manual from the help button in Scaler top menu.

Cheers,
Ed