2.1.1 Double Click Bug in Reason 11 (Windows 10)

When adding Scalar 2.1.1 as a synth, the ability to rename any track (double click) is lost. Similarly when performing file operations, trying to open a folder (double click also) no longer works.

I have the same issue in Cakewalk 2020.09.

Could Scalar be somehow intercepting double clicks?

When Scaler is removed, the problem goes away.

Thanks

I have that one too, on FL Studio 20/Windows 7, I posted it in another thread as well, but your explanation is better, just posting this to confirm that this is the same bug that I meant as well.

This is also a problem in Reaper 6.14 on Windows 10. Double-click is disabled when Scaler 2.1.1 is active. Double click is re-enabled if I remove or disable Scaler 2.1.1. This happened on a project where the only change I’d made was to update Scaler from 2.1.0 to 2.1.1.

1 Like

Ditto. Win10, Reaper 6.14, Scaler 2.1.1 (x64)

Thanks for the reports, we are having a look at what is going on.

2 Likes

Confirmed for Reaper 6.14. It happens also when I double-click on a MIDI track to open MIDI editor. Returning to 2.1.0 - everything works fine.

I’m also getting this problem in Cakewalk, Studio One 4 and Cantabile.
I’m aware of others with the same issue on the CW Forum.
Rolling back to 2.1.0 resolves this issue (mouse double-clicks not happening).

Also in Cubase 10.5 pro, windows 10.

I have this problem (double click issues) with Reaper 6.12, Reason 11, and Ableton Lite.
I also have it when I want to drag a chord from a progression created in Part A to Part C, it won’t work.
I can’t use Scaler when I select a Chord Progression via a Song or an Artist.
I hope you find a solution.

Hey,

good news, we have found the issue. We are fixing it right now alongside a few other bugs that have been reported.

An update will be available by the end of the week.

For those who can’t wait, you can use 2.1.1 and simply disable the audio detection engine which seems to fix the issue. Click on the “AUDIO” button below the MIDI Panic button:

7 Likes

Verified, it works here on Windows 7 and 10. Double click is back in Reaper, Biab and FL Studio.
Thanks, Ed. we hope everything goes well and all the details get fixed. Thanks for the dedication, effort and support.

2 Likes

Yeah, working fine in Reaper 6.14, Win10/64 bit.
Excellent (and fast) workaround.

Thanks

1 Like

It works!!
Thank you, all of you who give us this great support.

1 Like

Very nice, well done! :slight_smile:

We have just release 2.1.2 which solves this issue

4 Likes