2 Scalers + 2 MIDI tracks + odd routings

Inspired by @TMacD here I tried to feed one Scaler instance with another one but nothing good happened

Then I decided to use an Ableton Live option that lets you feed the same instruments with 2 Scaler instances and the result was interesting

Here are the routings

The Guitar, in Loop mode this time

And the Bass at half speed

and here the 2 Scaler xml

Scaler 1.xml (8.4 KB) Scaler 2.xml (9.1 KB)

As you see, EZkeys and Strum-GS are fed both by one Scaler directly, and by a second Scaler through the MIDI: this way the pattern of both instruments is enhanced

I don’t know if there is a way to feed an instrument with 3 or more Scaler instances, but if possible who knows what can happen? :flushed:

Well, here is the result

CAUTION: The song is hypnotic, so be careful if you must stay awake :rofl:

1 Like

Looked promising, until Soundcloud told me:

This track was not found. Maybe it has been removed

Did you get cold feet?

It also tells me that the track cannot be found on soundcloud

As to your question…

I don’t know if there is a way to feed an instrument with 3 or more Scaler instances

From the Scaler plugin perspective, this is certainly possible, I’ve done it. The routing is a mess in some DAWs (e.g. in Ableton you can’t daisy chain multiple VSTs in a row, so you need to create multiple tracks). But I had up to 8 tracks of pure MIDI notes be processed by one Scaler instance via Bitwig’s “Note Receive” device, which can merge multiple MIDI tracks/streams into one instrument. So Scaler itself has no problem dealing with massive polyphony and 1/64th timing :wink:

maybe I infringed my one copyright?
LOL

I set it as public now

let me know if it works

CAUTION: The song is hypnotic, so be careful if you are driving a motorcycle (@TMacD )

It works.
I love the tune! I would chop it in about 30s (max 60s) chunks and add something in between for ABAB kind of pattern. Really cool :slight_smile: .

1 Like