2 Scalers for 1 AAS Strum-GS 2: refined workflow

I made some tutorials already about this couple of plugins, but now I’ll try to refine the workflow, so anyone can start from a good basis to jam everything

I think that this workflow can be used with little adjustments with other guitar plugins, as far as they have a Guitar mode

Here is the routing: 1st Scaler for chords (left hand), and 2nd Scaler for strumming (right hand)

Both Scalers have a MIDI Polysher but the 1st is just used to block notes outside the AAS Strum-GS 2 Chord Keys area

While the other MIDI Polysher is used to move notes up and down in the Strumming Keys area to find some interesting stuff by ear

AAS Strum-GS 2 is used in Guitar mode (no Auto strumming)

Below are 2 Scalers XMLs I used tonight

The left-hand Scaler must be used without any performance so that just chords fall in the Chord Keys area

Scaler-sx.xml (16.2 KB)

The right-hand Scaler instead, can be used with almost all Arpeggios, Perfomances and Phrases, while the other patterns are almost useless to me

Scaler-dx.xml (16.3 KB)

Now start from the XML I dropped to see what happens, then move to another Arpeggio, Performance, etc. and use the 2nd MIDI Polysher to move the range of strumming keys (and stop certain keys to be hit), as far as some other cool strumming jumps out

If you find nothing, move to another Arpeggio, Performance, etc. and use the 2nd MIDI Polysher to move the range of strumming keys, and so on

If the notes don’t fall well in the Strumming Keys area, you can use the Scaler Voice Groupings in tandem with MIDI Polysher

All moves change the game, but finding cool strummings with this workflow is easy, so that in a few minutes I found a blues, a funky, and a rock song, that are just 1 gazillion of the Scaler combinations

Have fun

2 Likes

BTW, to add even more variation in strummings, you can add one or more couples of MIDI polysher + MIDI track that drop notes in the Strumming Keys area

Clearly, all those MIDI polyshers must be out-of-phase by 1 semitone, at least