A Scaler 2 or maybe 3? Wish List

If it were possible could you add the circle of fourths, and alternate tunings for guitar, and add mandolin, and banjo.
If it were possible could you add basic bass runs for blues, jazz and country.
Other than that, Scaler is still the most perfect scale program I have ever used. Glad to be here and I rarely ever say anything but being I am new, I wanted to say hi, and to express what I thought would help me and others that don’t have the skill set to create ideas alone.

2 Likes

I would love to have a section in MOD mode for the use of negative harmony
An example of how negative harmony can change everything is Steve Cruickshank’s YouTube channel. He left you an example in which he starts from the melody of “The Godfather” and gives us the version in negative harmony. It’s incredible, hehehe

2 Likes

Welcome @brobritt and thanks for feedback. Scaler is about to go through its biggest reformation. Very exciting times ahead for us as producers, composers and developers. Feedback like this always useful.

2 Likes

Brilliant and thanks for sharing, I look forward to watching this and Negative Harmony is on our list for a mod preset, just some challenges we need to overcome which a UX rethink will help us achieve!

I think your feature requests as you indicated are based on wanting to use Scaler 2 as a standalone and having it perform as a DAW. Everyone creates their own unique workflows and once a workflow is established, we all like to repeat the process. Perhaps you need to explore how to use Scaler 2 with a better DAW selection. I use Presonus Studio One Pro 5 and it works great integrating with Scalar 2. There are so many advanced creative options that can be used in various workflows, but I would never want Scalar to slowly try and integrate to Advanced DAW features.

Using a DAW with Scaler 2 sooner than later will always be superior in having more powerful customized workflow process with better advanced features. Integrating with a DAW now, will advance you faster into a more optimized and more powerful workflow.

My workflow integrating Scalar 2 in my DAW with Melodyne Studio, Serato Sample, Impact 2, and Atom gives me a fast and creative workflow that a Scaler 2 standalone or Scalar 2 DAW could never come close to. It’s all about creating a workflow with your selected DAW.

2 Likes

I think your feature requests as you indicated are based on wanting to use Scaler 2 as a standalone and having it perform as a DAW. Everyone creates their own unique workflows and once a workflow is established, we all like to repeat the process. Perhaps you need to explore how to use Scaler 2 with a better DAW selection. I use Presonus Studio One Pro 5 and it works great integrating with Scalar 2. There are so many advanced creative options that can be used in various workflows, but I would never want Scalar to slowly try and integrate to Advanced DAW features.

Using a DAW with Scaler 2 sooner than later will always be superior in having more powerful customized workflow process with better advanced features. Integrating with a DAW now, will advance you faster into a more optimized and more powerful workflow.

My workflow integrating Scalar 2 in my DAW with Melodyne Studio, Serato Sample, Impact 2, and Atom gives me a fast and creative workflow that a Scaler 2 standalone or Scalar 2 DAW could never come close to. It’s all about creating a workflow with your selected DAW.

You can use Scaler as a standalone very easily using the free Tone2 Nanohost: NanoHost freeware - minimalist VST host

That is what I do in Reaper

You are missing “us mousists”…
:rofl:

1 Like

To be able to update inside Scaler would be great. Stand alone would be fantastic. With wishes, I would love to see classical dance genres such as polka, mariachi, tango, country swing, be bop, 60’s -70’s freestyle, 80’s - 90’s line dancing, plus midi for drums and percussion rhythms. As a wish fulfilled, this would be very useful to songwriters and scoring for media projects. I love Scaler and its journey forward so far. To all involved with its conception, creation, and development; Thank you!

5 Likes

Hi @Beelmon
have you checked these?

1 Like

Hi
My wish is

New genre Chord Sets: NewAge/Relax music

MuchLove
Peet R

2 Likes

Strange, I feel this is there already, and is the prevailing style :astonished:

Maybe I’m wrong indeed, considering new age/relax music something that is totally another thing, but I composed a dozen of vibes that seem to be

I’ll upload some on SoundCloud and let you know, so you can tell me what style really is

1 Like

BTW, I always believed in that music chords are irrelevant, but exotic instrument textures and the absence of solos are decisive … :thinking:

1 Like

Nice, Thank you. I would love to hear it

Will this new genre be add to Scaler later on? I would love to see that feature.

Thank you
PR

Hi
I am very new to music scene. When requesting a new Genre is that mean including Chords, Scales ?

Thank you
PR

I hope to remember to do it tomorrow
I completely forgot to upload something
:grin:

I think anyway that many other forumians here do music of that kind

Listen this for now

Then let me know if you like to see 1 or 2 workflows

I’d definitely use Scaler as a standalone - I appreciate other platforms are available but the convenience factor would take away one more barrier.