Add a add bass fonction in the chord voicing edit mode with various bass note options

I think you should add a bass fonction to chord voicing edit mode, that would eventually add a bass one octave under the chord. Contrary to the voice grouping mode, that also add a bass, it would be possible to choose a specific degree of the bass (root, 2d note, 3 note etc) and eventually remove it on a specific chord.

Of course it’s possible to do it manually but it’s very time consuming and needs to fully understand the chord to know wich one to use as a bass, especially when it comes to non-root bass (very important thing).

I sincerely think that this bass note management is one of the only important missing feature of your amazing plugin.

1 Like

@LauryChanty Welcome and thanks for the feedback. I think this type of feature would work in a redesign which we currently have in development. Not sure its worth adding to the current UI.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your answer !
So you mean this is a feature that you plan to implement, but at long term ?

1 Like

It may be something that happens easily as a natural byproduct of the new UX we implement. Or we may implement it directly. It’s not a yes or no answer but something that may be easier to do in a future update.

1 Like

Nice, it is very exiting to see that you are very active on upgrading this plug-in. I’m a teacher at ISTS paris (SE school) and will definitely recommend scaler around.

3 Likes