2021-05-08_150018

There is a tone sandhi function on the far left of A area
But not in area C. I always keep it, open it in area a and change the tone
I hope area C has the same tone sandhi function as area A
This will be more convenient for tone sandhi and transposition

What is it in the musical field?
I knew a meaning in the linguistic one
:thinking:

I was a non-exec director of a Chinese group, and started off with a view to learning a little Cantonese (it was headquartered in Hong Kong), and bought a DVD. I thought I’d go to board meetings and greet my Chinese colleagues with a cheery “Good morning, gentlemen, I trust that you are well” in their native tongue. At the very beginning of the DVD it sought to explain the subtle tonal variations, by giving examples, but they all sounded the absolutely same to me. I gave up.
However, I did come across ‘Cantopop’. It’s hard to sing pop songs to western tunes in a tonal language, for obvious reasons (“do you love me , baby” might be heard as “do you vomit, tyre” in the wrong key. So a whole musical genre so beloved of teen Chinese boppers evolved to deal with the tonal issue.

I’m not sure whether being unable to discern these variations mean that I was not really cut out to make music, or not.

I want to add this function of a to the position of C.
“+ -”

I don’t understand… :cold_sweat:

I asked the meaning of “tone sandhi” in the musical field, because the only “tone sandhi” I know is this one that seems linked to languages, not to music

This may be a mistake in translation. Well, I mean
C Am F G → E C#m A B
This function is available in a plate, and I hope it is also available in the leftmost side of C, which is convenient to modify the adjustment

This may be a mistake in translation. Well, I mean
C Am F G → E C#m A B
This function is available in a plate, and I hope it is also available in the leftmost side of C, which is convenient to modify the adjustment

Hi Swingmix … yes, I think just a translation thing

You example would normally be termed ‘transposition’ , in your example 2 tones down.

sorry, up

Mary had a little lamb, its fleece was white as snow (I need 20 characters to post)

yes.transposition

This function is often used, I hope it is not limited to a module
On the left side of the C module, we also hope to have it.
That’s what I mean :smile:

OK, got it
:grinning:

nope, you can have it in Section C, but not on the left
with the further option to transpose each single chords in different ways, adding inversions as well

At the beginning I hated the Section C because I wanted to play live, but now that I found the marvel of Lock Notes, I use it constantly

It doesn’t
But you can change it in section C in Edit