An odd way to use Scaler revitalizing AIR Ignite

Yes, I had a lot of fun indeed but…
That fun ended after a few days because the number of different patterns is low
AND
even if I was able to export the MIDIs using them with other instruments, they sounded differently… in the sense that the emphasis wasn’t the same…
this is difficult to explain not knowing the proper jargon, I can only say the guitar fed with the Ignite guitar didn’t play the same riff :thinking:

more or less the same happens when I try to use a Strum GS MIDI with another guitar: the sound is different, not so exciting as the original

add to the sum the fact you cannot import anything, and this is why the fun flew away so quickly

That was my take anyway. As for MIDI sounding different in other instruments is because the engines of the app they are original too is optimized to use that MIDI in specific ways. When you export to another instrument, all that built in nuance is reduced to just a generic MIDI file. All that nuance the engine creates is gone.

right
and this is why AIR Ignite likely failed, not being a vst itself

I love many of their guitar sounds and riffs, but they are virtually useless outside
and a pity they stopped the development

a pity the development of Broomstick Bass or Virtual Guitar stopped as well, because those are the kind of plugin that give me 100% fun and 0% hassle

OK, yes I got the point: I have to study :laughing:

Hi. My version of Ignite is 1.3. It’s the one that came with my Akai professional MPK mini years ago when I bought it.
I bought version 1.4, but after installing Windows 10 it was not able to start. I had to recover my programs for 3 times, which are what I tried to install Ignite 1.4
The fact is that I think that Ignite can work, but it takes some time. I explain here with images how I did it. Although, if there are faster ways, please tell me, since I, like Claudio, like Ignite
First of all, I chose a progression in Scaler. In the example it is Love 50’s, in Songs - Love & Ballads
I choose the 8 chords that interested me and in Edit I set them a duration of 2.
I selected all the chords in the progression and by right clicking on one of them, I selected to copy chord names to the clipboard, and paste in the notepad. (This would be my guide to playing Ignite)
I routed Scaler to an audio track and recorded that playback of the Scaler chords. I saved the generated audio track and closed Ableton.
I opened Ignite and in File I chose to import an audio file, placing the audio file that I had generated with Scaler there.
Then I choose an instrument and played on the base note of each chord, generating parts of 8 bars.
I have placed the audio file on a track because it will be a good reference when playing the different parts.
Once all the parts have been played, I export the midi to a directory from which I will open them in Ableton, assigning the instruments (in my case, orchestral strings. Once back in my DAW, I continue working with Scaler the files generated in Ignite.
It’s a bit long, but it’s effective and fun. It is a matter of catching it with a little time.

have you tried to setup the compatibility to Windows 8 or 7?

No. After installing, it asks you to restart. Restart and Windows does not enter. Before I had to reinstall Windows. Now I always make restore points before installing something, so that I can go back to that last recovery point without losing documents or programs.
In the weekend I will try to install it without restarting and assigning in properties that it runs with Windows 8 compatibility. Thanks, Claudio

I think to remember the version 1.4 requires PACE (sort-of ilok) installed on your system, and this is likely why you are asked to restart
so, maybe that old version of PACE is not fine for Windows 10

Anyway, as I said a few posts before, my fun ended after a few days because the number of different patterns in AIR Ignite is low, and I was interested in exporting the MIDIs using them with other instruments, but the problem is that they sounded differently… in the sense that the riff wasn’t the same…

The way you found is fine for a real musician (i.e. a people able to play an instrument :smiley:), not for a yokel like me
:laughing:

BTW @jjfagot you have the 1.4 release as I see
can I know if there are more patterns compared to the version 1.3?

It seems to me that there are NO more instruments, but I don’t understand if the number of patterns, i.e. the Achilles’ heel of Ignite, is the same

FYI…AIR just released updates to many of their products. Check their website…they’re FREE! :slight_smile:

Patrick

Thanks @LightWingStudios, but the AIR Ignite’s low number of patterns, together with no capability to MIDI IN/OUT made me uninstalling it with no regret

I got rid of Ignite too. BUT I DO use STRIKE!, Xpand and Hybrid. :slight_smile:
Patrick

OK; I’ll do a look
:+1:

no one of them is free…
I suspect you meant upgrades, not 1st buy
:grinning:

They’re often on sale on PB for less than $10 each. Considering their capabilities that’s as close to FREE as you’re going to get. :slight_smile:

OK, got it

Anyway I checked those plugins and are of zero interest to me, but thanks for sharing: maybe others are interested