Apply Voice Grouping to incoming MIDI chords, not just Scaler internal chords

Not sure if this was brought up before as a feature request, but I think it would make sense to apply the voice grouping to MIDI chords coming into Scaler, not just the internal chords played. This would be especially helpful in cascaded/nested Scaler chains, where one Scaler provides the base chord progression, and then subsequent Scaler channels can interpret those chords differently with their own unique expression/voicing settings, without having to store/synchronize the chord progression.

That’s interesting, that would make playing quite transformative. But there would be many rules we would need to consider, what is a chord (how far apart the actual notes), when do we lead / group etc (how far apart the actual chords). Not quite as easy as it should be. I love the Voice Grouping in scaler, given how much feedback we get on it it is clear that it is any area we should put some extra focus on.

Is this possible yet? I need this bad as I have a keyboard controller called a theoryboard that loads all the chords possible in a scale on to pads but the voice groupings aren’t musical. Scaler already would deal with this wonderful in post but I need it in real time to create things I like.

1 Like