Are you thinking about iOS Scaler?

I love Scaler when I’m working on Windows music platforms, but I do most of my music work on my iPad, and most of the other musicians I know do as well, working with Cubasis, Beatmaker, Auria, AUM, NanoStudio, Korg Gadget, and Garage Band, among others. We’d love to see Scaler as a AUv3 plugin. These days at the top end the current iPad Pro is up there with laptops. It’s a credible development platform. Give it some thought.

3 Likes

Have given it lots of thought @Adrian In fact the Dev team were kind enough to build me one! I loved it and it was a dream but too fiddly on the pad and we agreed that we need a bespoke version for iOS. On the roadmap.

2 Likes

There are several apps working not worse than scaler for the ipad like chordbot. Just an idea to help you out until scaler is available in the ipad (which can take a bit).

iPad Pros are not even close to the same as a laptop for full blown music production.

6 gigs of ram? They are closer in spec to a high end phone than a decent laptop. My 5 year old laptop has 16 gigs of RAM (which is upgradeable to more than that). And prior ipad pros with 4 gigs of ram. I have more than that on a laptop that is now 15 years old. Just a reality check.

I’m sure a version on an ios device would have some value, but that is more due to the fact that as a music production tool an iPAD is a crippled piece of hardware that would benefit from a program that helps minimize the need for human interation and responsiveness.

(most musicians I know use things like Guitars, Bass, Drums, Keyboards/Pianos to make music, not ipads)