Auto harmonize melody?

Hi. Is it possible to harmonize melodies in Scaler? I would like to drop a midifile clip from DAW into scaler, and then get a suggestion of chords over it that I can change invertion of, exchange chords, rhythm etc. Is this possible? If not, please put in this feature.

1 Like

Doesn’t have that feature. The ears work best in that matter, i.e. by trying out different chord options when playing with the Scaler. If you have a midi melody, then Scaler will recognize the notes and it will give options which scales are most suitable. With that, it shows chord options. The ears are left to choose the chords. Trust your ears.

RapidComproser can do all that you asked. The difference then is whether you like the chord progression. You can also change different rhythms and a million other things. You can also plan the chord progression. I recommend getting to know that program as well. It’s a bit expensive, but I think it’s worth it. At first it is difficult to use. It takes time to learn, but it’s a versatile program.

1 Like