Bass Performances Play Slash Note

I notice using the Bass Performances, that even if the chord is identified as a slash chord (C, G/B, Am) - the Bass part doesn’t play the correct root. It plays C, G, A instead of C, B, A).

3 Likes

Expanding on this I think the request is for the Bass Performances to be based around the bottom note of the inversion (slash chord) rather than the root of the chord. Currently the Basic 1 Bass performance uses the root of the chord so if the chord is C/G where the lowest note of the chord is G, the performance plays C. However in many arrangements I feel that the performance should play G as it is the bottom note and the bass could be playing the bottom note.

I appreciate that this could become more difficult to implement on more complex bass performances, but…

Thoughts on this would be appreciated.

1 Like

This gets me too. Need to discuss with DEVs to see how this is implementable.

3 Likes

@jamieh had athought on this in another thread giving a choice to users, with which I concur.

(Of course as a keyboard player I am always using slash chords and inversions when I play so that I don’t have to jump arond the keyboard with my left hand, so maybe I am biased)