Can I double a note when playing an arpeggio?

Hi there,
Is it possible to double a note within an arpeggio? When played on a guitar, I would play, as an example, D# G# B B E. When I try to add this to the “notes” section within Scaler 2 once the B is used I don’t see how I can use it again. So the performance is D# G# B E. This is also true if I try to play D# G# B E B. Any thoughts are appreciated.

What is the Note section? Do you mean the Chord pads? If that’s the case then I would say no you can’t add a double note in the chord section since that is the chord, like you would play it on the guitar. The double note would be you picking the note twice and would require changing the arpeggiator not the chord. Altering performances is not yet available in Scaler. Someday perhaps.

To be honest, I’m not 100% sure. It is the section that allows me to type in notes on the digital piano within Scaler. Those notes then become highlighted. All of this appears to be within “edit” mode. Thanks for the rest of you response.

Welcome to the forums,

Scaler can not create a Unison (interval) within a chord. You’d have to use a second instance of Scaler and assign a single note.

If you’re just getting to know Scaler spend a little time reviewing the youtube videos about it from Plugin Boutique and other users. Videos for previous versions of Scaler are mostly still valid.

That’s what I thought it might be but wasn’t sure. To do an arpeggio like you want it might be best to use an outside arp generator. All major DAW’s have their own some of which are quite versatile. Of course there are many 3rd party ones as well including Cthulhu.

Much appreciated. I’ll look into those other options

Chordpotion may also be worth a look.

1 Like

Chordpotion is really excellent and creates a MIDI output (drag/drop). I also like PhraseBox. Can be customized to anything you want, can drive other VSTs, but cannot export MIDI.

1 Like

I will look into both of these. Thanks for the suggestions.

1 Like