Chord Mute function?

Re: Settings > Playback > Keys Lock > Chords Mute

Do I have this right that Chords are Muted only when Keys-Lock is set to White Notes Only and mapped to either Chord Notes or Chord Extensions from the Keys-Lock drop-down menu? (See screenshot).

I think I understand this, but confirmation on this functioning would be great.

Keys-lock is a great feature of Scaler, I like how Mute can be toggled with the Green key switches.

Thanks. :slight_smile:

Basically yes, the point is that you can create melodies based on the chords you are triggering without hearing the actual chords. This works well for me if I have some chords in my tune and I just want to create a melody over the top. Also allows for selecting some slightly different chords (which may sound odd if heard) to come up with some more versatility in harmonics.

Thank you, Davide. That’s a good tip as well – one set of chords (or Scaler instance) for accompaniment, another set of, perhaps more extended chords, for melody parts, etc.This is a really useful feature of the program.

My confusion was that Chord Mute only applies to two items on Keys-Lock drop down list, but I understand it now.

Thank you.

I also love so much green notes, because I am scarce in playing piano :grinning:

the disadvantage, as I explained to Paul, is that depending on the chord you play (independently if chords are muted or un-muted) you have only few notes available, not all the green keys apparently available

indeed if you look well, you’ll notice that numbers are not consecutive:
1, 2, 3, 4 then 1, 2, 3 then 1, 2, 3, 4 (the other are covered)
and very lickely many of the 2nd and 3rd series are not very different from the 1st, if any

a flaw that I hope will be fixed a day or another :wink: