Controller layout presets and performance

Hi please see this post. It would be cool if we could make our own controller layouts with any controller and save this for future use. Perhaps even randomly filling all the pads with related chords and so forth then dragging to resort them on the pads etc. Binding Pad to 8x8 Grid - #4 by Bernd

Unusd pads should then be allowed to be reserved for playing single notes in the scale. So for example I have the akai fire. I would assign many chords to a pad area in left side of the controller (blue area) which is a 4 by 5 area. then the rest of the pads on the right (white pads) would be assigned to scale notes over 4 octaves
Capture
to play the solo.

The only issue is the akai fire pads are all assigned midi note values. So Scaler would have to basically assign these pads by note value for each pad.

Hi @xtremsounds

yes it would definitely be cool and this is something we are having a look at. More customization of the Pad view and support for specific hardware layouts.

I guess what is assigned to the unused pads is going to depend on the user. I think the customization here is key, providing a couple a default layouts and letting anyone setup things the way they need. It makes things a bit harder on the development side but I am sure it is going to be worth the effort.

Thanks for your suggestion and providing an example :wink:

I suspect you mixed up left and right, so the proper text for other readers (Ed was smart enough :grin:) is:

“I would assign many chords to a pad area in right side of the controller (blue area) which is a 4 by 5 area. then the rest of the pads on the left (white pads) would be assigned to scale notes over 4 octaves”

no I meant the left side. Thats the customization aspect of it I was mentioning. the chords can go anywhere on the controller.