Creating a Default Chord Progression and set of parameters when opening Scaler 2

Hello everyone,

First off thank you for all the line items that this group has placed in this forum. I have been studying this page for the past 2 weeks and I have learned so much. With that being said there is something that I’m not sure if is possible.

With other plugins, one can create an default settings so that when you first open the plugin these parameters appear and you don’t need to recall them. I have specific Chord sets that are my starting points and would like that to be the first thing that populates the plugin at startup as opposed to going to User finding it, and loading that setting. Is that possible?

Thanks for your help.

PS. I’m an Ableton Live 11 user on a OSX system.

Derek Yopp Jr.

There isn’t any way that I know of directly in Scaler as of yet but there is an easy way in Ableton Live.
Create your default in scaler as you like it then drag the track into USER Library>Default folder (or whatever folder you want to create). The next time in Ableton just drag that track between any
other tracks and it will load the track with Scaler in your default state. Super easy. Barely an inconvenience.
OR you could just drag and drop the Scaler you created into the same Default folder and it will create a VST preset you can load onto any Live track.
You could do this an any DAW really as long as they support saving tracks or VST chains.

Screen Shot 2022-09-11 at 1.44.49 PM

Screen Shot 2022-09-11 at 1.44.36 PM

Screen Shot 2022-09-11 at 1.55.35 PM

I am assuming you use scaler in a DAW.
Just save a copy of your work as a generic template with your preferred chord progression and settings. Then open that file and “save as” today’s date.

(I personally would not want to have something pop up that I have to erase or change.)

1 Like