Dedicated "performances" for woodwinds / flutes

Oh, you learn something new every day. Does this apply to all samplers that have legato samples or just Kontakt?

BTW the following link will take you to a help page on the Steinberg website relating to legato in Cubase. Also see this tutorial from Point Blank also using Cubase, and this for Reaper.

I have that too. But after trying this Soundpaint saxophone with just a computer keyboard, it seems really good. I believe that you can play authentic-sounding melodies on a keyboard. I don’t think East West is that good.

That indeed seems to be the case with Soundpaint’s HAL technology. A very believable legato performance can be achieved without the use of CC commands or other trickery. That was the idea they’ve been so long in working out. The legato works in both solo monophonic or polyphonic playing styles. You can have a horn section that sounds like the old supersax recordings (if you can get the voicings right).

Joe Bourke (Jowry)

Yes, but the plugin has just 2-3 useful sounds to me, notably the sustained ones

all the other are effects & articulations (staccatos, trills, etc) so useless if you are not skilled with automations and/or keyboard like me

Well, after a whole afternoon downloading :cold_face: I can say I have 3 vaguely playable saxophones in 14 GB YUK

Well I give up: way easier building brass sections with Scaler MMO and Xpand!2