Detect record does not stay on Live 11 (midi)

Detect record does not stay on in Live 11 (midi) when playing midi clip. It detects the 1st note then the record turns off

Hi @screwloose

thanks for reporting. I did a quick test here in Live 11 on MacOS using the VST3 version and I can detect the full clip.

Does this happen on Windows or MacOS and which version of the plugin are you using (AU, VST3,…)?

Thanks,
Ed

Are you dragging and dropping the MIDI clip onto Scaler? If not, have you tried that?

I am using Windows 10 and I have tried both VST2 & 3 versions of Scaler 2.7. When I have a midi clip on the same track as Scaler and then try to detect what scale the notes are in within Scaler I press the Detect record button and it works for the 1st note but then de-activates.

I am using Windows 10 and I have tried both VST2 & 3 versions of Scaler 2.7 but when I try to drag the midi clip into the detect window on Scaler it does not work. Is it supposed to? I know you can drag the Chords that you have put together in the builder onto Ableton Live midi track, and that does work.

Are you dragging the clip from Live? If so you should be aware that clips on Live are not midi clips. You will have to export the clip and then drag it back into Scaler.

You can drag clips directly from the Live browser or from your Windows file Explorer provided they are midi clips,.

You will find other threads about this.