Divisi voicing?

Should make a voicing setting called “Divisi” that spreads the chords across the piano for orchstral string sections. Same thing you guys did for the divisi songs but make it a voicing for all chords. That would be great.

1 Like

Have thought about this, the issue is which libraries are we triggering? What are their key ranges? How many voices? I don’t like to implement anything that works subject to. There is a nice way to do this now in Scaler. Create your own Divisi voicing on a chord, right click, ‘Extract Voicing’ then go to Voice Grouping and you will see an ‘Extracted’ profile that will apply to any chords you play!

5 Likes

what’s that?
never noticed before :thinking:
tomorrow I’ll try it, but the 1st step is unclear to me

1. Create your own Divisi voicing on a chord,
  2. right click, ‘Extract Voicing’
  3. then go to Voice Grouping and you will see an ‘Extracted’ profile that will apply to any chords you play!

I thought it was you who posted about this. I’d missed it too, but it’s a very handy feature. It’s a good tip from David for creating nice open spaced Divisi-type chord sounds.

Just create your own chord with whatever voicing you like, could be a triad, 4, 5, or 6 note chord spread however you want (or designed to fit the key ranges of your instruments). Then follow steps 2 and 3:

4 Likes

@davide

Sorry if I am being a nit thick here but to put this into my own terms but does

means editing the notes on each chord on the CHORD page?

Having done that, what is the advantage of right clicking and selecting Extract Voicing from the drop down menu?

So you can apply that same voicing to other chords in your set. If you create an inverse chord with wide spacing of the notes to put them in range of where you want them to go with divisi this quickly applies that voice to others.

2 Likes