Duration is still reset automatically

When you change the duration of a chord and then later change that chord every time the duration is set back to “1” and you have to change that manually again. This was reported in July 20 for Ableton Live 10 and Windows and is still valid, also for Ableton Live 11 and MacOSX 13.3.1. Very annoying!

hi @Michael99

Welcome to the forum.

Can you give more details about this, please?

I have just tried to simulate this by loading a 4 chord song and changing the playback timing of the second chord to 0.5 (2 beats) and the fourth chord to 1.5 (6 beats):- the default chord duration was 4 beats. I then replaced both of these chords and the playback timing did not revert: it was still 0.5 and 1.5 respectively.

This was Scaler 2.7.3 on Windows 10 Ableton Live 11.2.11. I have also tested it in Reaper 6.78 (this time with a default chord duration of 8 beats) and again the timings did not revert.

What Scaler version are you using?

Just discovered I was using 2.7.0, now I upgraded to 2.7.3 and the problem seems to be fixed!

But why isn’t there any “check for updates” option? I also don’t remember having received any note about available upgrades since 2.7.0.

But thanks for the hint!

Hi ed66,

thank you!

After jamieh asking me about the version I upgraded from 2.7.0 to 2.7.3 and the problem is gone!

There is thread on updates in the support topic.

Also have you set your preferences on PIB to recieve notifications?

Thanks. Could not see how that thread would help, though.

Yes, notifications are active.

I believe the thread is updated whenever an update is released, so worth book-marking.

If your PIB notifications are set then I think you should have received an email when the update was released, but you may want to check that with PIB support.

Ok, thanks, might do that.

You may also try to set the Latest Version/Update topic notification to “Watchng” which should then notify you of updates to the topic and hence when an update is released.

Good idea. Thanks again for your trouble!