Extra short notes and non-playback with internal sound off

These are 2 bugs that seem to have been with us for a while. Still here in 2.5
OS 10.13.6 iMac 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5
Ableton Live 11.0.12

1. Expected behavior - Scaler set to sync to DAW and playback to play each pad in order. Internal Scaler sound set to off.

2. What actually happens - If Scaler is open it will sync and playback as expected.
    HOWEVER if the Scaler window is closed playback will play the first pad only and no consecutive pads after that until Scaler is opened again. If internal sound is set to on (i.e. to play any Scaler sound) then playback will be normal whether Scaler GUI is open or closed.

Second bug playing expressions = Scaler produces short notes usually at the end of a phrase that need removed when rendered to MIDI. Usually only 1 or 2 and not on every pad. The make for clunky sounding sequences especially with piano sounds.

Hi @jamieh

are you sure the first one is not your DAW forcing Scaler to sleep while its UI is closed and its sound output off?
It is odd that it plays the first pad only.

Regarding the second one we have made some changes as part of 2.6 that will improve the rendering of expressions which should get rid of the short notes.

2 Likes

Hi Ed,
I’ve had this issue since Scaler 2 started I think. I thought it was gone at one point but I may have been mistaken. I’m not sure if Scaler would sleep just because internal sounds are off. It’s easy to duplicate for me. I don’t think it happens in Cubase. I’ll test it again. It’s easy to work around by leaving the sound on and just muting Scaler’s audio.
Cheers,
Jamie

I have the same problem, and I am quite sure the problem is just with the Scaler window
so I agree with @jamieh that this is a bug