Feature Suggestions

How about adding a release setting on the internal synth sounds? This would allow us to create more ambience if we must use those.

I have the demo version of scaler and it’s fantastic.

I was wondering if in some future you would consider the option of adding the extended circle of fifths with the option of playing the chords when you play in the circle (as you can do in EZ Keys) and drag the corresponding chord to the “progression builder” or in the DAW.

It would also be nice to add a randomization function in the “progression builder” to get ideas.

1 Like

Is there any way Scaler will feature an option to key lock only to the chord being play. This feature would be great for modal modulation. Meaning the only keys that would be played belonging to just the notes in the chord? This would be very useful…

Hi,

thanks for the suggestions:

We will improve on the sound engine of Scaler in a future version. This is something that we need to discuss.

The circle of fifth is a cool visualization, there is no plan to make a feature out of it at the moment. But we are always looking at ways to improve how you can find chords.

This is something that has been asked a couple of time, we are not sure yet if it will be added.

Yes, we are thinking about adding this “chord lock” in the future.

1 Like

Yes we definitely need the use of the mouse scroll wheel for selecting chord sets

I had a suggestion for the Scaler plugin. I think it would be useful if you had a function that would allow you to add a fundamental note an octave lower. I can do this easily in Chtulhu and in Reason (Scale & Chords Player). I know I can do this now by editing the chord, but a simple switch would be faster.

Hi, I’m a guitarist/songwriter who has absolutely zero knowledge or ability when it comes to keyboards so Scaler has become an invaluable tool for me. I’ve jumped around between Chordz vst, Cthulhu and others but Scaler gives me the most, the ability to input notes on a guitar fretboard in open tunings is an absolute Godsend…thanks.

Some of the chord namings are absolutely bizarre but that aside, two things I would dearly love to see in future updates must be pretty simple to implement but would be invaluable to guitar heathens such as myself, these are…

a) the ability to mute strings when inputting notes on the fretboard as lots of guitar chords are played just on three or four strings, having the unplayed strings still sounding makes the chord unusable. And most importantly…

b) in standard tuning having the ability to input chords by name as in the Chordz vst…choosing a root note and the chord variation from drop downs, A7, Bmin7, Dsus2 etc. Most guitarists know the names of the chords they are playing especially if like me they use Scaler for their original compositions so being able to input chords by name would speed things up enormously.

Regards, Charlie.

Adding a feature that exports midi notes as strums when strumming is on would be cool. Same with arp mode

I would like to have an option:
Play/Stop Progression start and stop in sync with DAW start and stop, so i can hear the the progression in sync with the drums
Kind regards
Michael :slight_smile:

This is a bit trickier than it looks as internally Scaler is all about MIDI and the same MIDI note is present multiple times on the fretboard on different strings. At the moment, the chords can be edited/played the same way regardless of the instrument you use to display the notes in Scaler.

We have multiple guitarists in the team…so we definitely see the value in this and have discussed improving this many times, but it is a big chunk of work… Probably in a future version.

This is something we could add in a future version, personally I think it makes sense, it can be a lot quicker if you know the chords you are after.

Yes, this is definitely something we want to add.

This is on the roadmap too :slight_smile:

Hi is there a way to submit insturment samples for internal scaler sounds? I have one I just made that is a super saw that would sound great.

So what I would really like to see in a future update would be the ability when binding scaler chords to midi to able to record a progression into scaler and afterwards export this “rythmic” progression into my DAW.
I know that it is technically possible but a pain in the ass to record the rythm seperatly then export the progression and afterwards manually resizing every note to fit the rythm.

No, there isn’t ways to add your own samples/instruments in Scaler at the moment. There is the ability control an external synth, which is more versatile. You can load your custom sample into a Kontakt instrument or any other sampler and it will achieve the same effect (playing Scaler’s chords with your own sound).

There will be some improved export functions in the update next week (1.6).
What you are asking for (record with timing and export) is also on the roadmap, but probably in a later version.

Thanks. What I meant is are you interested in users submitting sounds for you to review and possibly import into scaler.

Hi @xtremsounds, we don’t plan on supporting user-created sounds, we have all the resources needed here in terms of sound design.
Is there a specific instrument/sound you would like to have in Scaler? We can have a look into it :slight_smile:

Hi, would it be possible to name dragged MIDI clips as their chord names?
Currently, all dragged clips are titled “Track 0” in Ableton Live.

Also, an option to not consolidate multiple chords into one clip would be useful. Thanks.

Finally Here…
So here are my suggestions

1. Chord Labelling
    When Dragging Midi into DaW can you make the Midi file display the Original chord label as is

2. Ability to Unscrambled Audio Chords… please make it an upgrade in Scaler as opposed to to brand new 2.0… or SCALER PRO you know what I mean and we have to pay for it…
    Well I guess if you call it Scaler Pro I’ll benefit right?..

3. after Chord Edit in Detect stage… let’s presume I am using that line to create a progression- Using scaler as a writing tool - kindly add a Duplicate option so that it can be added in top line you may want to give option of if Scaler should write this to daw midi channel too…
    Many Thank Dele

Here is sound that would be great to add to scaler. “https://clyp.it/h2wp12yn