Find out piano sheet music with software

Hi everyone,

I’m working on creating the sheet music for a special piano cover of a song and I’m looking for some advice on how to get the sheet music (it’s for a wedding). This is the song: Pianoholic - Love Me Like You Do. I’m wondering if there are any ways to obtain the sheet music using this software.

I’ve tried searching online, but I haven’t had much luck finding what I’m looking for. I’m wondering if anyone has any experience with this or if they have any recommendations on how to go about finding the sheet music.

In addition, if anyone has any other recommendations for creating the sheet music for this piano cover, I would love to hear them. I’m new to this process and I’m open to any suggestions or tips that might make it easier.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Hi @hasert

Welcome to the forum.

The gold standrd software is Sebelius, but, some DAWs also enable you to produce music scores.

In my experience two of DAWs that enable you to produce a score are Reaper (Windows and MAC) and Cakewalk (free but Windows only). If you have either of these you can output the midi and then view the score. Both of these are ok at notating scores, but not brilliant.

It depends on what your end goal is, your budget and your operating system as to which solution you choose.

Thanks @ed66. This really helps a lot. I already have an old version of Fruity Loops, but I couldn’t find a way to get to notating scores. Thanks again, I will look into your suggested DAWs.

1 Like

You’re welcome. I should have said that Cakewalk is by Bandlab. It does have a reputation for poor stability but it also has a good user forum and a lot of experienced users.

Sibelius is the ‘de facto’ scoring tool for professionals it would seem. It is an example of another UK innovative company doing something world beating and then being taken over by a US company. Where were the British financiers ?

It has a free version if you only have 4 parts max, but that might meet your needs. See

I had been a Cakewalk user for well over 20 years before migrating to Ableton Live. It was written by a Boston MA company and I bought it when I was over there one time and it fitted on to 2 x 3.5 inch floppies (!! - MIDI only)

I always found it to be very stable when I used it, but I think two things have upset it somewhat. {1} They developed their own plugin technology DXi and were very late into switching to VST. You still get the DXi stuff when you download it. {2} It was bought by Gibson, who were in trouble and spent no money on it.

I’d add two comments.

{A} Bandlab are obviously spending heavily on it … I’ve had updates about every 6 weeks since they picked it up, both bug fixing and new function. So you have a serious player keen to take out the problems.

{B} I’d describe it as being unstable in parts, not unstable. Early days Cakewalk (or Sonar as it was then called0 was rock solid. I think of GBP 0 and a keen new owner, it may be worth a look.

I loaded ‘touching’ from the ‘Cinematic’ song set and ran Performance ‘Chordal 2’., then imported the MIDI into Cakewalk. The staff print is shown at

I’m sure there are options to tidy this up, but it shows the basics.

True enough, it can be a curate’s egg.

I must admit I have not had many issues when using it, but I prefer Reaper these days (this is a personal choice).

Logic Pro also produces a piano score

Sibelius is popular in professional circles. Personally, I like the Guitarpro program better because somehow it’s easier to use. I recommend to try. It has evolved a lot over the years. There are also many ready-made sheet music of well-known songs for different instruments.

@jjfagot (José Juan LLopis Durá) uses (and teaches to conservatory teachers) Musescore that is very good, in his opinion, and free

Here is the complete opinion:
“I was also preparing a presentation for conservatory teachers on Musescore. It is a score editor that I recommend to everyone who wants to capture the music they make in a score. The beginning of learning may seem a bit complicated for someone who has never used score editors, but as soon as you assume that it works the same as any text editor (like Word, for example) and you learn some keyboard shortcuts, it’s really easy”