Hollywood Backup Singers discounted

at 119 USD… tempting

1 Like

And many others, too.
They have really great instruments and they do work extremely well with Scaler.

do you know if they have a demo?
I have 2 plugins covered by dust in my cellar because they were actually unusable
:grin:

BTW, a further plugin came in the cellar because the demo worked, while the complete tool crashed, but I was allowed to have a refund at least

So I must check if they allow for a possible refund, in any case

No idea. But as I have a PC very similar to yours and their plugins VST are working fine for me, i am pretty sure you should have no problem.

Ah, ok, there is a difference that you use Ableton, but as it is even more popular than Reaper, no reason for trouble.

BTW, I downloaded the Italian manual to try to understand how difficult is programming vocals (I hate any kind of programming)

The translator seems not Italian mother-tongue and the translation itself is awful :cold_face:
I think I’ll read the English manual instead :grin:

OK; I think this is not the good stuff for me: too much programming and editing involved

I am able to sing, so I would rather buy a tool that changes my colour from male to female, from baritone to basso etc. without making a robot voice like vocoders

I still don’t understand if my Melodyne 5 essential is the answer, but I’ll check it

I don’t think Melodyne Essential is enough for this.
There are maybe other plugins that would do this kind of job.

maybe the Melodyne assistant can do it
in this case I can wait for a rebate :grin:
I’ll try to look some video

I have Assistant but have never tried this kind of job. I can try and let you know.

thanks my friend
:pray:

BTW, There is a free Heavyocity Nylon Guitar at Foundations Nylon Guitar | Cinematic Guitar | Heavyocity.

Oh, no, it is Kontakt and you hate this :frowning:

1 Like

I just tested my Melodyne Essential and I was able to send down and up a whole arrangement :astonished:

so I can use it for some vocal task
I’ll do other tests with my voice only and I’ll let you know

Another great freebie from Heavyocity! I have all 3. The new nylon sounds great and works perfect with Scaler. No Keyswitches to work around.

1 Like

Yes
Too many K in my PC already
LOL

Well, Hollywood singers is still an immature project to me, so I’ll wait that more similar plugins jump out, and easier ones above all

I was also tempted by their Pop brass, but after some reasoning I decided to have more effects for my own voice, and I bought VocalSynth 2 discounted

One of the video I’ve seen let me understand it can be very useful if properly used

Well, I seem to be going in the opposite direction, hehe
I just bought a Native Instruments A49 keyboard that included Komplete 13 on sale for €448. There are many instruments and effects included in Komplete 13 (Kontakt, Reaktor, Rig Guitar, Massive X …), which are also configured to be played with the A49 configuration.
Until now I had an Akai MPK mini keyboard with 25 keys. It works well, but when it came to having chords and being able to improvise it was a problem because I had to constantly change octaves.
Anyway, I don’t get a commission from NI for advertising; I’m just telling you and telling you that the NI summer deals with software when you buy hardware will be open until tomorrow, in case anyone is interested
https://www.native-instruments.com/es/catalog/summer-of-sound-2022/hardware-and-software-bundles/

2 Likes

Welcome in the (almost) Fifty Shades of Grey

well, black + white is a sort of grey after all
:grin:

I wish to have a larger keyboard, like the Davide one, but I have little space

2 Likes

Ilok system is a deal breaker. When they split from Native Instruments and went cloud based I tried to make the best of it but it was a massive hassle with Ilok. Native Instruments has their own manager so simple , great sounds no third party lock out junk.

I have the same Native package. It has a lot of good instruments and sounds. For some reason, I like Native’s instruments the most.

1 Like

can you explain me what is ilok usefulness or advantage?

Some plugins of mine, e.g. Izotope’s, let you select PC or ilok and I always select PC

Where did you find it on sale? I see it on iZotope site f or 199 US and this does not look as discount for me :grinning:

Ok,found it on PB. Great price. Thanks for the information.

1 Like