How good instruments should be made: open

Interesting how your DAW says 5% and your computer says 26%. Must be doing something else other than music.

But what I love most that the Italian version of Windows comes with built in Disco! :wink:

Sure that there are other things
The N.1 sucker is Bit Defender, then the email tool, then a series of dictionaries always at hand to understand the slang of the many pals here
:crazy_face: :rofl:

what?!?
:thinking: ,

aha I see what is Disco
LOL

Sadly, with Ableton Live 11 Standard you get zero Disco. Figures that they’ll make you pay extra for grooves :wink:

I think Toontracks is part of the surveillance capitalism complex. They have specifically lowered their prices just now in response to this conversation on price we’re having. Weekend Deals
At $59 it’s hardly expensive anymore, and it’s as cool as Claudio says :wink:

So @ClaudioPorcellana since you have both Scaler and EzKeys… is it possible to take Scaler output and store it in the EzKeys library?

Like on the left side, it looks like it can reference any folder on disk, are those vanilla MIDI files, or do they have to be in Toontrack proprietary format?

Not exactly…
My zillion of musical resources is into an external HD
currently, it is a normal metal and gears HD, but I will soon acquire a super-fast external SSD

hahahaha
in Italy conspiracy theorists say “noncielodicono”

Never tried this…
And I think it’s useless because you can save the MIDI output into the Ableton Project
But I’ll do the check for you

maybe this is the answer, but I’ll try this later

And about their MIDI I suspect they are embedded in some strange file
i.e. you cannot use them directly moving their MIDIs elsewhere
it makes a lot of sense, considering the hordes of crackers around
:wink:

So when I say “OPEN” I mean that I can feed a plugin with my MIDIs (or made by Scaler) and output the spiced MIDIs to feed other instruments (of the same developer, or others)

it is a normal metal and gears HD, but I will soon acquire a super-fast external SSD

Sounds like a new music style: METAL & GEARS, or a band name? :crazy_face: :rofl:

Thanks for checking! I appreciate it.

I’ve actually investigated Skippy’s UNIFY plugin host, and it looks like that one might enable me to do what I have in mind, namely to programmatically (remote control) switch between MIDI tracks, not just the flat files, but the different dimensions of harmony (chords), expression, timing, etc. For each dimension I will have a knob/fader to influence the overall song.

cool idea!
I’ll use that

it reminds me a tool I found yesterday
wait that I find it
look at this video about Camelot Pro

That would be $1 below my “pain threshold” :rofl: How did they know? :thinking:
I fully support your conspiracy theory now :rofl:

I am afraid you must buy EZkeys @lelek and @Bernd
:rofl:

look here

you can drag & drop a Scaler’s pattern in Favorites, then in the EZkeys player: doing that (2 passages) you maintain e.g. the durations and maybe other changes
now I check it

BINGO!

If you move the chords into the Favorites, then into EZkeys you keep ALL the variation you applied in Scaler, and EZkeys remember your series of chords

Then you can use the randomizer that is quite a smart guy, not the stupid version from riffer & the so
And/or you can apply any of the several MIDI packages

this is a bomb to me

Very cool! Thanks for sharing! I have since confirmed from watching some demo videos that it also provides MIDI out to other VSTs. Of course I’ve missed the $59 sales window last weekend, since I don’t ever buy under time pressure :wink:

Sure, I think I said that before :thinking:
I often use it to drive the Hammond that is still lacking in their series
But I also used it to feed guitars and other stuff