How having Scaler playing AAS Strum-GS II

Quite the same for us, and we saw and listened 2 stags
even if about 1 km from us, due to idiots that chased after deers in their pastures dammit
A very stupid thing, also because deers see people 2 km off

All 3 parts are completed, and I have just to make it smaller to upload

I was almost to give up, but I had a flash of inspiration and maybe the very strange workflow (from hero to zero) that I found will be useful for you, and will not drive me mad :crazy_face:

Here it is with English handmade subtitles:

2 Likes

Yes, Claudio
Also, as a bassoonist, I want to add that I have never found the place where the piano is blown :smile: :smile: :smile:

1 Like

:+1: :+1: :+1:Bravo!! Good video. Sincere and teaching what works for you, and it really works. Thanks for sharing, and also on video. I thought you had an allergy to videos and you made a very good one :grinning: :grinning:

1 Like

Yes, I had and I still have that allergy
:crazy_face: :rofl:

Making these videos is a nightmare even speaking in Italian, because I often swallow my words so that Google subtitles are useless, and I have to edit them manually to make things understandable

Moreover, I must use the Windows audio driver (instead of ASIO) to make video-grabbing settings simple, but this way the latency increases, and finding a balance is not easy

Do you know an easy way to record the ASIO output instead?

No. And it is precisely my problem to make videos.
Before I could make Ableton use the Windows driver like you have done now, but now with larger sample-based sounds it sounds like a mess
See if anyone on the forum has a solution for both
PS: subtitles appear to me in Italian, not in English

I remember to have read about a tool called ā€œbananaā€ or the so, that is able with some tricks to record the ASIO, but I dislike complex tricks :crazy_face:

Iā€™ll searched and found it

Sorry @jjfagot, I got confused with the other video-tutorial that is in English with my handmade translation

This one is in Italian, but subtitles were edited by me, so that the Google automatic subtitles should work better

Okay. It didnā€™t occur to me to think of changing the language. I understand spoken Italian quite well, not written, perhaps because of the number of Italian operas I played when I was young, hehehe

I will inform about banana. I will prove it. Thanks, Claudio

1 Like

Hola @jjfagot maybe I found an easier way to record the ASIO output in OBS
Check this site

And check this site as well for other use of it

Iā€™m not sure I understand the problem. My MOTU audio interfaces show up with ASIO in both OBS and Openshot, which I would use should I dare put anything up on the board. Is there some impediment to using them with ASIO when making a video ?

This is particularly pertinent as the company that made the PC disables the Realtek audio on the motherboard to stop it interfering with the ASIO drivers. I can only get sound from the machine with ASIO.

I have a MOTU 828 and a MOTU M4
https://motu.com/en-us/products/m-series/
https://motu.com/en-us/products/audio-products/fw-usb/

The problem is that in OBS Studio I was unable to record my voice AND the music played in my DAW, so through the ASIO driver, and the only way I found was using the Windows audio driver with its low latency
This is not always a problem to me, because I use sample-based VSTs scarcely, but for @jjfagot it was a big problem

If you google ā€œhow to record the ASIO output in OBSā€ youā€™ll find some information, for example this video

2 Likes

Thank you very much, Claudio
I downloaded Banana (I laugh a lot with my grandson when the Minions say about the banana and papaya, hehe).
I have followed the steps in the video, very good, but too fast for my understanding. So far I have gotten the microphone and Ableton to work at the same time without problems with Voicemeeter Virtual Asio as ASIO driver, and it sounds good, without noise (better than before with ASIO4ALL v2), but when I go to record in OBS and it can, but the memory of my PC saturates and the noises begin. I will keep trying. At the moment they are very good progress. I will continue to report.
The first video Iā€™m going to present will be about how to get multiple MIDI channels in Ableton without using BlueCatā€™s PatchWorth. It annoys me that I got a practical way to do it and I canā€™t do the video yet. In fact, I separate the 5 Instacomposer channels, which it receives from Scaler, sending each channel to 5 different midi tracks, whose sole purpose is to forward that midi information to tracks with VSTis that reproduce them.
I hope to make that video soon. Thanks

1 Like

banana and papaya LOL

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Tonight Iā€™ll try the ASIO for OBS plugin and Iā€™ll let you know how and if this works

Got it. This avoids doing this in an external interface. My interface does this merger for me, as the driver is multi-client and there is a loopback capability to send the signals from individual channels via hardware mixing back to another app - in this case OBS.

Virtual audio cables became popular to rip CDā€™s before more direct methods became available. Iā€™ll explore Banana because it might be more flexible than my interface box.

Are you using a web cam for video ? I have a Logitech Webcam somewhere, but I see that Nikon have a free utility to use for streaming or recording, so I could use that with my DSLR.

Anyway, thanks for the pointer to Bananaā€™, but Iā€™ll try the interface mixer first.

PS A list of ones favourite music is a window onto the soul. Iā€™d started to think that we maybe had zero overlap in tastes, but the list dispelled that - a lot of common stuff in our collections. BTW, I lived just south of Sheffield, UK in the early 60ā€™s, and saw Joe Cocker playing in that era quite a few times; they did mostly covers.

One item caught my eye

ā€œI:\Musica\Claudio Porcellana - Greatest Hitsā€

Have you been keeping something from us? :smiley:

1 Like

My interface does this merger for me

Lucky guy :grinning:
Mine doesnā€™t, likely because itā€™s cheap

Are you using a web cam for video ? I have a Logitech Webcam somewhere, but I see that Nikon have a free utility to use for streaming or recording, so I could use that with my DSLR.

Yes, I use a Logitech C-920

I could use my Olympus mirrorless as well, with Olympus capture, but I prefer the simpler C-920

and saw Joe Cocker playing in that era quite a few times

Aargh, and likely a lot of other idols of mine

One item caught my eye ā€œI:\Musica\Claudio Porcellana - Greatest Hitsā€
Have you been keeping something from us?

Not really, because those songs are just the ā€œgreatestā€ made so far he he
I spoked about them here

cheers

Thanks for all your contributions
I have managed to connect everything as explained in the videos. But I think my biggest problem is the RAM capacity, since while I use Voicemeeter in my DAWs (Ableton, Reason, Reaper and RapidComposer) I have no problem, rather the opposite, since it sounds better than before when using VS4All, when I start using OBS to record a video so I can share what I have discovered, all that appears is noise. Iā€™m sorry, I can not. Iā€™m happy because the sound on my PC is so much better, but I canā€™t make videos to explain it.
Years ago I bought an external sound card. Silly compared to the Mark Of The Unicord, of course. I still have it connected, although I donā€™t think it is doing anything on my system. Itā€™s a Behringer UCA222. It never appears on my available audio devices; that is to say that I have it wrongly connected. If someone can tell me something to use it (well, not like I have it) please tell me how to do it thanks

I bought a MOTU 828 because I had a lot of external gear (see www.btinternot.com, and scroll towards the bottom) and hence needed the inputs (it supports a total of 20 input channels). However, I gave most of it to a charity (moving into the box, as they say) and because the drivers had issues with Windows 10 and clashed with Bonjour I bought a MOTU M4, which I am very pleased with and has quality I/O, which I can recommend (see MOTU M4 & M2 )

[I have yet to test this fully, but because of its loopback facility, you donā€™t need a virtual audio cable like Banana to make videos]

However, I bought a Behringer UMC22 for my wifeā€™s PC, and that seems to work quite well. I think the internals are probably pretty much the same as UCA222, and are class compliant, so no driver should be needed. The UMC22 shows up in the device manager thus
devices

So Iā€™d imagine this should show up on your machine if it has recognised it.

Is there any sign of this ?

Yes. USB Audio CODEC appear.
Tonight Iā€™ll try and tell you. Thank you