How to Quickly Create Audio Files to Be Detected by Scaler

Hi!
I am new to both Ableton Live and Scaler 2 (just bought and installed both a few days ago).
I have been racking my brain for the last hour trying to figure out how to hum something into Live and then have Scaler detect it.
First, I created the audio clip and just tried to drag from the Session View into Scaler.
Scaler gave me a message about replacing the current detection, but then nothing happened.

I tried finding the sample on my PC, which I eventually found, but same.
I am now trying to figure out how to just make a simple copy of this file (I tried the Save button in the clip window, I tried dragging the sample onto Explorer but got an error that I need to shut Live down first).

This seems absolutely ridiculous that this isn’t straight forward.
What the h**** am I supposed to do?

Can you please clarify which OS you are using?

On windows you can use the Scaler Audio version as an effect on an audio track, place the audio clip on the same track

click on the record button on Scaler and play the clip.

Scaler will detect the clip.

Check out @davide video on audio and midi detection. for usign Scaler 2 on MAC.

Welcome to the forums and the learning curve for Live and Scaler.

Scaler’s audio detection is useful for finding chords you play on your MIDI Controller and it will also, sometimes, detect chords in a recording. The latter is more hit and miss but can be useful. For specific voicings use Edit chord and just build the chord you want. Scaler’s internal system will give it a name and the chord name may be different than what you’d call it.

Watch the youtube videos about Scaler.

If you sing and record on-pitch notes Scaler audio detect may be able to detect those. Scaler calls a single note taking the place of a chord a “Unison.”

Some DAWs also provide features to take an audio recording of a melodic line and turn it into MIDI. Cubase Pro has this functionality and perhaps Live does as well.

Good luck getting to know both Scaler and Live. Both are great tools and work well together.

Thanks for the reply and info!

It seems this is really only intended for chords.
Based on the text describing the feature when you first open the plugin, I thought I could hum a melody and then use this to know what the specific notes are and what the scale is.

OS is Windows 10.

Basically, my approach is to try and produce what’s in my head as opposed to creating something based on some external inspiration. Big problem is I don’t know how to play an instrument, and I cannot even accurately and quickly find the specific notes of a simple melody on the keyboard controller.