Import Midi chords in Section C

Drag MIDI chords file in Section C
AND !! here it comes
Scaler automatically puts all the chords with the “correct bar length” to that section.

As such you can seed Scaler with external MIDI chord files that have been generated by anything else.

One alternative is guide the midi-output to scaler and once you re happy do a midi capture and save it on a track. That s a valid solution.
But I am not aware of a functionality that actually performs my question

BTW I love scaler !!

1 Like

Hi @john_1234

Welcome to the forum. That is just one of the many great features of Scaler. I recommend you check out @davide’s videos

Can you actually do that today ?

One alternative is guide the midi-output to scaler and once you re happy do a midi capture and save it on a track. That s a valid solution.
But I am not aware of a functionality that actually performs my “humble request”

If your first post is a request I’ll just leave that alone. If you are asking if it will populate Section C then the answer is no. It first must detect in Section A and you add them to Section C.

Welcome to the Scaler forum.

Scaler has “detect” mode and can read MIDI and basic audio. The audio detect side is good for finding basic chords, the MIDI detect is very good at identifying chords. However, Scaler will often assign other voicings and inversions to detected chords.

Check tutorials on using “detect” and it works the same or better in the current version than youtube videos using previous versions.

As far as bar lengths for chords. Those you’ll set in Scaler or you may use Key Switches in your DAW.

It’s a kind of two step process. First get the chords you want, second, assign timings to the chords. Again, there’s some very good video tutorials that will help speed up the learning curve.

Scaler will give you almost instant good results, but there are many possible workflows with Scaler. Different users have posted from basic to very advanced set-ups. Some are more specific to particular DAWS and instruments, but often the techniques or concepts demonstrated do have application to other DAWS.

Good luck.