I would love to be able to insert a chord (space) in a pattern. There is no easy way to do it at the moment unless I’ve missed something.
Interesting. I’m pretty sure you could do it in earlier versions and was surprised that it no longer works.
The odd behavior corresponds with some weird things I’ve seen involving rests in general. For example, I’ve had rests that would not delete unless I was in edit chord mode. Or, if I tried to try to drag 2 chords one space to the right, I get 2 rests inserted and only one chord would stay in the pattern.
If it was part of my regular workflow, I would have filed a bug report.
Can’t you drag and drop in between chords?
I haven’t tried that. I will give it a go.
Doesn’t seem to work for me. I tried dragging and dropping a rest and also a chord. Neither worked.
I can drag a chord to a space between chords (as long as I see the slight grey bar between them…maybe change that to a green line) but see some odd behavior anytime rests are involved. These include:
- Adding a rest in section C always kicks me into Chord Edit mode
- Sometimes rests will not delete from section C unless I toggle to Edit Chord Mode
- Sometimes rests will not delete from Chord Edit mode unless i toggle to Section C
- When I can or cannot delete rests while in chord edit mode is inconsistent. Sometimes you need to have selected the orange edit tab on a chord and sometimes you need to select another chord to let you delete a rest. This seems to occur more with rests at the end of a pattern with no chords after them
- While rare, when deleting rests in Chord Edit mode, I’ve had chords appear in place of the deleted rest. It was as if I was deleting an item from a queue and the next item popped to the top.
Here are a couple visuals:
I just did a new test and now I can see the grey bar and it works with both chords and rests. I never knew it was already there. This is great! Opens a whole new era.