Instant change of chord sound in the Circle of Fifths

I explained the thing here and I hope the DEVs understand without producing a video :joy:

I find a series of chords that sound fine for AAS Strum-GS 2 in the Guitar mode
I duplicate Scaler and I have it feeding a Hammond
I find a cool pattern for the hammond, but some chords are dissonant compared to the guitar
I want to edit those chords in the Circle of Fifth, so I start the loop restricting the loop to just 2 chords: one fine, and the following one is wrong

There is a way to have that when the dissonant chord produces its sound, I click on the suggested chords above and Scaler plays immediately that chord but alone, not together the wrong chord I am trying to change, so creating a cacophony?

Hi @ClaudioPorcellana

I think I understand what you would like Scaler to do. You would have to select the chord you would like to “override” and you could mark another chord on the screen for Scaler to play instead.

This would prevent you from having to drag the chord to Section C, then undo if you don’t like it which gets annoying when trying many things.

I am not sure it would be an easy addition at the moment and maybe not the most discoverable feature either.

Talking about hidden features and listening to alternative choices… Did you know you can multi-select chords with the lasso (click and drag over multiple chord) then press “alt” and click on another chord, it will play the selected chords followed by the chord you just clicked.

It makes it quick and easy to listen to many chords, just maintain the “alt” key on your keyboard and keep clicking different chords.

It is slightly different that what you suggest but should help you find the chords you are looking for.

Cheers,
Ed

5 Likes

Yes, it is exactly what I would like
this way I can listen and accept the new chord, if it’s fine
if not I change the overlapping chords and so on

Currently, I have to do many fruitless efforts to find the correct chord, that coupled with the loop is deadly boring

Did you know you can multi-select chords with the lasso (click and drag over multiple chord) then press “alt” and click on another chord, it will play the selected chords followed by the chord you just clicked.

Are you telling that if I lasso e.g. the first 3 chords of a series of 4, where the 4th chord is awful, then I press “alt” and click on a “candidate chord” Scaler will play the 3 good chords followed by the “candidate chord” ?

If so, it is THE SOLUTION (actually a mojo: cit. @carlosbiab :smile:)

OK, tonight I’ll check it

Yes exactly, it is quite useful for previewing in context.

1 Like

I tried, but I still don’t understand how to use it
:crazy_face: :flushed: :zzz:
I’ll try again later …
it worked!
Wonderful and very, very useful
thanks, @Ed1

1 Like

Thanks Ed…I was just about to request a way to start a pattern in a specific step while testing. This does exactly what I need.

1 Like