IOS export to DAW Issue

Sorry if I’m being a first rate thickie but can someone explain the process of saving an entire state in Scaler for IPad and importing it into my Scaler plugin for use in Ableton within my DAW?

Hi @Klose

you can click on the Scaler logo and press “Export State” this will save the whole session in the User Content within the app.

After saving, you will be prompted with a popup that allows you to manage your content. From there you can press the export button next to your saved session and send it to your computer the way you prefer (AirDrop, email)…

From the desktop version, you can head to the side menu, in the Session tab you can import a state file and select the file you exported from the iPad.

2 Likes

Hey Ed - really appreciate you taking the time to put me right. i’ll follow these steps tomorrow nd report back.

Thank you again.

Marcas

Hey Ed - so I followed your directions to the letter but there’s a problem. The browser within the desktop version of Scaler doesn’t recognise the imported file. See the attached image. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks again in advance for your help.

Marcas

I should add the imported file is ‘sessions’ and appears to be a text file, weirdly.

M

They are .xml files which is a kind of text file. Try adding .xml to the end of the file so it reads sessions.xml and see if that fixes it.

I’ve taken all the steps you described and 2.7.1 will not import xml from iPad Scaler exports.

Is this feature broken?

Not broken as far as I know. Works for me.

I can confirm that it does not work - in fact it crashes Ableton when you try to import the .XML file. This is a big letdown because that was my interest in buying the iPad version - to carry over my progresssions into the desktop version. Do we know if they are working on a fix?

Hi @Danielo

would you mind sending me the XML file causing the crash by email? ed@scalerplugin.com

We will have a look at this issue.

Thanks,
Ed

Sent via email attachement

1 Like

Hi @Ed1

Any update on this?
I am have a similar problem
I tried to make a post but it got deleted by admin it seems

Hi @scaler2fan you can see my response to your original post here: Exporting ioS midi files to laptop - #2 by james

The saving and exporting of both Scaler States and Midi Captures is the same process.

Cheers,

Thank you @james
Can we record in real time the user inputs in scaler iPad to the user daw

Because the scaler 2 synthesiszr or midi keyboard doesn’t yet exist

I’m trying to “play the scaler 2 ipad app” directly into my daw of choice (studio one) is this possible?

I hate tapping on keyboard
I prefer tap on iPad
Literally play the iPad instead of the keyboard of a piano proper or midi keyboard my melodies are basic and etc

I’m in a music studio now and the guy has no idea

I figured out , or was helped to understand I can record live my play sessions with scaler 2 iPad into studio one in wave format

Also apparently this product can achieve a similar thing. Probably experienced people know this already but in case any newbies like me ever wonder