Is anyone using live sync from 2.7 in Ableton? I can see the leader and follower, but the follower is not doing anything on mine?

Is anyone using live sync from 2.7 in Ableton? I can see the leader and follower, but the follower is not doing anything on mine?

Setup your leader with a progression in section C. Sync from your leader. Pick a performance in your follower. Job done.

1 Like

Thanks for your response , i actually worked it out, and its not that simple lol but i made a video about it and hownto make multi output work in abletob if anyone is interested in seeing it let me know.

1 Like

Yes, please. I did get Multi-out working inside Unify but the midi is captive in that setup. Tx!

Live 11 / Mac

I’ve just tried DAW Sync in Ableton and found it works with DAWsync enabled but does not work with midi binding. I don’t feel this is a big deal for me but is it an issue?

DAW: Ableton Live 11

Hey Vince, would love some help getting multi output to work in Ableton.

Just to be clear since they are 2 different approaches - are you Mac or Windows?

“Just to be clear since they are 2 different approaches - are you Mac or Windows?”

I’m on a Mac!

Check this thread and download the Live template in the first post.

I did that. I am having an issue where the midi is acting bizarre and when i try to trigger it with my controller it gets caught in a loop or arpeggiator type thing and goes on forever until i turn it off. any ideas?

You have something looping back. I used that template and it works for me. Do you have IAC connected?

Yeah IAC is connected.

What instruments do you have connected to Scaler for it to drive? Also do you have the Scaler input set to All Ins? If you do change it so it’s only your MIDI keyboard.

See if this one works any better. Change only the receiving instruments.

https://www.dropbox.com/t/o6pv2oWEfIJEj17V

Hi, just replying to my own topic lol. I worked out how to get both sync to work in Ableton and multi out! Its a bit fiddly, but not too hard to get working. As I make videos about scaler, I thought I´d make one about how to use it with Ableton, you can use a template as below, but this way you can learn to set it up yourself. I had to do the video quickly just to get it out, but hopefully it is helpful.

hey no problem, see my reply below, with my video link, should show you how to set it up, any questions, add to video so I can share the responses with other viewers.

Hey Vince, I just checkout out your video but it is not splitting the actual voices is it (the whole chord is being sent out all channels)? Unless I am mistaken, and I have a Certified Ableton Trainer working in-house here that it is not possible at all unless using patchworks.

I thought it was, i might have to listen to it again. To my ears repro was playing single notes and not chords. Let me check.

Hi all!
Same here.
It wont work with playing Keys, & sometimes my Ableton freeze.

greetings from Cologne

This was made with Ableton 11.
Can you make some for Ableton 10?