Is anyone using live sync from 2.7 in Ableton? I can see the leader and follower, but the follower is not doing anything on mine?

Update on this: I found the solution is to set the input on the “child tracks” to In as opposed to AUTO. Now it is working, YEAH.

Doh

2 Likes

so this is cool, but IAC only works on MAC, I found a free way to do it on PC, ill post the video further below.

so just for info, yes my initial video did not solve the multi out problem with Ableton, but I did find a FREE workaround, so hopefully that can help

So today I finally got Scaler 2.7 multi output to work in Ableton, albeit its a workaround, and not perfect, but at least its free - check this out! https://youtu.be/fYXXkJQj_o4

1 Like

Looks good, I think I give this a try later this week

let me know how it goes!

I find this is too complex for me to use so back to Reaper for multi out, but Live Sync works really well.

1 Like

Not bad. I’m not on Windows but there are a few devices like this on Mac that work a treat. Nice to see there are some on Windows as well. Looks cool Vince!

1 Like

i agree its a little complex, but if you manage to do it, you only need to set it up once and it will always work

I have no problem setting up live sync in ableton by changing the input, however I’ve had it a number of times now where ableton freezes or crashes when you then go back into one of the Scalers and drag your midi out on to the channel you want the instrument to play. Note - this crash only ever happens when live sync is engaged.

Ableton 11.2.6 Windows 10

Hi @PaulR

I have not had any issues like this with running 3 or 4 Scalers in Ableton Live. The main issue appears to be around midi routing in Ableton.

Can you clarify how many instances of Scaler are you running simultaneously, and your hardware configuraion: cpu and RAM, please? I am wondering if there is a memory issue.

4 Scalers. 4 instruments on their own midi tracks routed to each Scaler. All working fine until I want to drag the midi out to one of the instrument channels.

Intel(R) Core™ i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.41 GHz
16.0 GB
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Windows 10 Home 22H2

Thank you! This fixed it for me. That In/Auto/Off section is my Kryptonite.