Is there Drag and Drop scale notes instead chords?

Hey, i want to ask if this is possible with scaler2, im trying this, but cannot find it anywhere over the interface with option to drag and drop the scale instead the chords.

Hi @mackotomi - that would be nice, wouldn’t it. In the meantime, here’s a little work around I use for this…

I choose a scale from the list, then enable “MIDI CAPTURE” on the bottom right side of the main Scaler page…

Then I press the play button next to the selected Scale. This will record the scale notes into Scaler’s MIDI buffer (there is no visual indicator for that yet).

Once this is done, you can use the “DRAG” button in Scaler to drag the recorded MIDI (again, no visual indicator that it’s there) into a piano roll or clip in your DAW. That’s when the notes become visible. And if you want them back in Scaler , you just select the notes in your DAW and drag them back into Scaler. (even though it makes little sense to have single notes detected in Scaler since you can’t use them in progressions, and the only reason to detect from single notes input is to establish the scale they are part of, but then you already know that by now since you picked the scale in the first place :wink:

And as a more straight-forward way, on the risk of being Captain Obvious, here’s a manual method for seeing the notes of a Scale…

Just click the [i] info button next to the selected scale, and it will show you the notes it is comprised of…

2 Likes

thanks a ton for reply and tip, Bern!! yep, it would be super nice, if you could drag and drop full range 88 keys covered with the scale by choice <3 <3.

Meanwhile… Man, this was such a great tip… thanks once more Bern!