Issue with strum when recording

When the strum feature is activated and I press record in my DAW, the strum feature only strums up when using bound midi triggers. It strums normally when I am monitoring, but as soon as I hit record I only get up strums even if I have it set to only strum down. If I mouse click the individual chords when recording it will strum properly but as soon as I trigger them with my keyboard I run into the issue. If I drag a chord set into my track it strums properly as well. I am using Reaper as my DAW. I have tried various combinations of running Scaler as input, output and sending from another track and the issue is present in all situations. Has anybody else run into this issue or know what is causing it?

1 Like

Hi @mariosfalling

thanks for reporting your issue, we will have a look at the strumming in Reaper and check what is going on.

Cheers,
Ed

1 Like

Hi,

I want to report that this error is happening in Presonus Studio One 4,

I dont know if this information can help but i noticed that this just happen when the cursor is moving

EXAMPLE: If you let the DAW cursor stopped then it works correctly with the physical keyboard (if you try it with alternate strum it will be more noticeable), but if i hit play and the cursor is moving even the keyboard will trigger only up.

please fix It.

@lucasoliveira good catch!

I can confirm this in Reaper as well. I get the same undesired effect when I hit play and press the trigger keys on my keyboard. Also, while moving the cursor manually with my midi controller wheel while playing the triggers.

Thanks for the additional info.

We have been able to reproduce the issue and fix it.
It will be part of the next update. I don’t know yet when it will be available.

I will update here when I have more info.

Cheers,
Ed

Hi,
I know that I’ve ask about it before, and you guys may be focused on the 2.0 release, but can you tell me if this fix will came out anytime soon ?

I would like to use the Alternate and Down Strum feature in a project i’m working on and i’m currently using Scaler Along with InstaChord to use its strum feature, but it kinda breaks my workflow cause its very painful to build it in Instachord,
Looks like you guys kinda look down on humanization or strum features, but I really think that if you guys focus on it, Scaler would be way more than just a midi tool or progression tool, but a realistic build and composition tool.

Anyway Scaler is already awesome.
Thanks!

Hi @lucasoliveira

Sorry, we still haven’t fixed a date for the next patch.

We’re improving the humanization in Scaler 2 with new profiles. The strumming and fretboard will also get some attention soon. Don’t hesitate to suggest what you would like to have in there in terms of profiles etc…

Cheers,
Ed