Left handed players: changing midi binds & key lock

Hey All,

Wondering if anyone is aware of a way to have Scaler allow for the Keylocked notes (whether scale notes, chord notes, chord extensions etc) be available to the LEFT HAND rather than always being to the right of the binded chords. I know that in preferences there is an option to move where the binded chords are played on the keyboard. BUT it seems like the key locks always begin to the right of the binds. Am I missing something or is this simply not yet possible. If not, this would be a nice thing to include. I’m left handed and perform melodic parts much better with my left hand than my right. I’d love to play chords on my right and melody on the left. Any help would be great.

Hi @Fresh2Def

Welcome to the forum.

I’ve just uploaded a brief tutorial on this Changing the Bound Keys.

Hope it helps

Thanks for the reply. But unfortunately this doesn’t address the issue of the keylock keys still being placed to the RIGHT of the bound keys. That’s the real problem im trying to solve. Appreciate the post. If you know how to do this that’d be helpful.

I’m not sure I understand the issue here. My understanding of Keys Lock is that whilst it restricts the notes that can be played to only those notes of the scale, it is applied across the whole keyboard. In this example

I am playing in the E Harmonic Minor scale. I have transposed the bound keys up two octaves and enabled Keys Lock - Scale Notes Mapped. As you can see the scale notes are mapped across the whole keyboard to the left and right of the bound notes.

Can you give an example of what the issue is, please?

Hey @ed66 ,

So this is what I’m referring to. As you can see I have chord notes on key lock selected. I can move the midi bind, BUT the chord notes only appear in green to the RIGHT of the bind. No matter what octave I move the bind, it only appears on the right side.

I don’t think you can change the relative position of the Chord Notes Only keys to the left of the Bound keys.

Yea I figured it wasn’t possible. Been looking everywhere for this solution. Nonetheless, it would be a great small feature to add. Fingers crossed

Hi @Fresh2Def,

I think this is an accessibility issue that we should address in future updates, I will pass this on to the rest of the team. Thanks for posting.

1 Like