Let's get that transpose button going please

can you guys please just add a +/- transposition arrow or something like that right next to the bind A and bind C buttons to transpose these chords… please!!! I already have the key I’m working on and I cant’ spent all day transposing chords…

thank you!

3 Likes

Until they do that, you can lasso all the chord in a pattern and transpose all chords by using the +/- semitone button. Works fine and quickly. Editing the first one while all are lassoed affects all of them.

2 Likes

And hotkeys to move between windows in 2.2 to make it even easier!

8 Likes

omg so that’s what that section is for :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

thank you!

1 Like

And hotkeys to move between windows in 2.2 to make it even easier!

Ohh spoiler welcome :wink: I send energy and encouragement to the fantastic team of Scaler’s devs! you have us all on the edge of the chair and drinking black coffee waiting for the next update … What will our musical Pandora’s box bring us this time?

3 Likes

agreed with @carlosbiab!!

Scaler is already incredible, so I can’t wait to see what’s next in 2.2. In the meantime, I just want to say thanks to the Scaler team on all the hard work so far to develop such an insanely capable product.

@davide Would any future transpose feature also be applicable for say the chords you can audition via modal interchange in the “modulation” window?? For example, I have a progression that goes I to VII, but I want the VII to be an octave down. Currently, the solution would be to drag the chord into my progression (if I have space available) and edit it, but it would be great if you could just shift all the chords showing for the different modes (or one line of modes) up/down and then drag the result you want to your progression without having to switch windows. Not a huge issue, but something I end up doing quite a bit that would be nice to be able to do from the same window. Just a little option to transpose (by an octave) or invert any row in the modal interchange page as well as the places the OP mentioned.

That being said, you guys are simply the best. Cheers!

2 Likes

I think we need this kind of flexibility and ultimately will have it with an overhaul of the UI. For now all editing needs to be done in the progression builder hence the limitation.

2 Likes

understood! I’ll wait patiently for any future updates to the UI. I have confidence if you all can achieve the magic and witchcraft you’ve accomplished already in Scaler that anything on your roadmap will happen in due time.

Thanks.

1 Like