Minimonsta grabbed.. and doable with a trick

I just acquired my first quasi-mini Moog Minimonsta

I loved a few things of this company:

1. It includes several presets by Rick Wakeman! :astonished:
  2. you can try the demo for a long time without an existent account (differently from Arturiaā€™s and others)
  3. you can easily transfer your license
  4. No alien ā€œengineā€ involved: just one software :ok_hand:

For the points 2 and 3 Iā€™d like to see more developers adopting this policy

Iā€™ve had this synth for years! At least since the early 2000s. Lovely and there are a few Wakeman patches in there.

there are tons currentlyā€¦ :grinning:
I only have to remove the disturbing presets (saw wave-based essentially, but very high-pitch in general)

Love this Synth, have used it since release and I own several Moogs. GForce is a great company!

1 Like

Seems like a great synth. Iā€™ll probably have to at least try the demo version. There are too many good virtual instruments for sale in the world. :grinning:

1 Like

Be careful anyway: the Minimonsta GUI is not resizable and the fonts are minuscule!

But even worse, you cannot browse the presets with Up/Down arrows, but clicking on each one with the mouse, at the point I uninstalled it; well, ā€œuninstallingā€ is not the correct word as Minimonsta doesnā€™t have an uninstaller :hushed:

P.S: I know I can call presets with automation, but it is not an option to me

And , the worst, you cannot uninstall the demo version. I tried everything but to go to my PC Registry base. What apparently works with registered version, to re-execute the installer and unchek all, does not work with demo.

1 Like

to uninstall the demo, AND ALSO the registered version :astonished:, you have to delete:
the VSTs in their folders
the GForce folder under Program files
the hidden-folder below:
C:\ProgramData\GForce\Minimonsta

1 Like

well, the devs replied they are working on a larger GUI
I asked when they expect to fix the issue, and they replied ā€œwho knows?ā€

In the meanwhile I am testing the other optionsā€¦ andā€¦
A couple of alternatives are good, notable The Legend and Arturia, but I found a way to survive with Minimonsta @jamieh and @Miki

Increasing to 150% the font in one of my 2 monitors and putting Minimonsta on that monitor works

Scaler, Ableton Live and the other plugins are OK or resizable so are not a problem

I also deleted some dozen of sounds that broke my eardrums
I really cannot understand how other people can love some awful sounds :astonished:

And Iā€™ll create special folders with the sound I like more, so Iā€™ll have to rummage way less in its awful browser

All that hoping that the new GUI comes soon
More or less like the new GUI of Scaler
:grin:

Well, the trick worked well and a cool prog vibe jumped out
Tomorrow Iā€™ll post the tutorial

Rick Wakeman will be proud of my improvements :rofl:

Whereā€™s the link ? Maybe youā€™re still working on it?

1 Like

Whereā€™s the link ? Maybe youā€™re still working on it?

Yes, still working, but before I must study his scores better
:cold_face: