My first new Scaler production of 2022

Yes! :raised_hands:t4: :guitar:

2 Likes

That Boss GP-10 seemed like a very interesting device. In fact, I only heard it for the first time. That could be a really good and versatile purchase for your own recordings. Also could be used for live play.

1 Like

Be aware @Bernd you triggered an irresistible temptation to contribute…
:rofl:

2 Likes

Here is my contribute: Friendship

N.B: I reuploaded it because I didn’t want the Bernd tune was gone on the left; so I put the bass in the centre, then I applied the Ableton audio effect “Subtle Stereo” that drives it left and right

Feel free to put it in the garbage bin: I know I totally perverted your Ambient song
:cold_face: :crazy_face: :rofl:

Tech note: I used Scaler Audio to detect a dozen of chords from the Bernd tune, then I built the EzBass and EzDrums parts around them; these 2 parts are very basic because the long tune would have required a lot of time to make an intro, chorus, etc.

In the strange case EzBass and EzDrums MIDIS are wanted to collocate better all instruments in the space, here they are
Ezbass.mid (387 Bytes)
EZdrummer.mid (29.1 KB)

3 Likes

I forgot to say that I love (and envy :grinning:) very much the Carlos guitar technique and sound, notably the classical and the distorted Les Paul :guitar: :guitar: :guitar:

1 Like

I like it! Sounds like we’ve started a “Remix Competition” :smiley:
If you want to share a photo of the area you live in, or something you identify with, that I can associate with credits for you in the YT video…go ahead.

If we can get one more contribution, we can publish an EP. And I say, with the proceeds we should support our friend Carlos, who a) inspired this opportunity, and b) has the most need for support right now. And one day, when he and his family are free people again, we have our Scaler reunion in Venezuela, whatdoya say? :wink:

2 Likes

a photo of my area…
it is not to much photogenic, but I managed to find a couple of shoots that can be suitable

A storm with lightnings where I used a particular technique (not a photomontage) to create a fake lake and shoreline…

A neighbouring mound, under a rare autumnal snowfall

3 Likes

Deep Fakes! LOL, just kidding. I remember you sharing the Thunderbolt & Lightning (very very frightening! Galileo Figaro… :wink:

Cool, I’ll run with it. Will share with you for final approval before going public with it. Stay tuned!

2 Likes

Just to clarify, @ClaudioPorcellana, you overdubbed the mix from Carlos, right? Just to be sure for the credits. So this is essentially threeway collab now, right? Anybody else wanna jump on the bandwagon while it’s rolling? :wink:

BTW, next time I could just share the original chord progression with you, didn’t think of it. I could literally just share my Scaler state and send the XML to you, right? Unless you try to prove how good Scaler Audio is at detection :wink:

1 Like

“Thunderbolt & Lightning” Remix of Collab w/ Carlos, Aleamanic, and now ex-Rabbit Composer “Happy Jammer” … @ClaudioPorcellana !

Thunderbolt & Lightning | Claudio Porcellana / Carlos Eduardo Arellano / Aleamanic 2022 - YouTube

Really excellent guitar playing. Very Pat Metheney-esque.

@Bernd I only wish that you added a slightly altered second and third chord progression to add some variety and contrast to the piece. Still, excellent work, guys.

1 Like

The tradition of this emerging collaboration (with anybody on this thread or in the general Scaler community following this) has been for each subsequent contributor to just add elements to the existing. So don’t be shy! If you want you can add your contribution to my original track and I’ll try to mix it together with the others. Or just overdub it to any others out there. Alternatively send us your Scaler config or MIDI files and I can record it with my original synths used. Anything goes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, it is! the BOSS GP-10 is an amazing pedal board loaded with fantastic emulations and instrument brands. And REAL good for LIVE and stage! But it lacked good nylon guitar presets.

So I designed NyRAC for GP-10 and Roland GR-55. It has brought me a lot of satisfaction, although not much profit hahaha since I put it as donationware in VGF.

However, I must point out that on three occasions the rule was broken and I received almost $500 in donations from 3 users, two of them just amateurs and one professional impressive guitarist.
They literally saved me from a wreck of survival!

Maybe BOSS should pay me LOL … in this very informative thread on VGF you can see that several people bought the GP-10 just after listen NyRAC. :nerd_face:

https://bit.ly/3u7yfLz

3 Likes

Bernd, my friend, thank you for your continued support! Here in this nightmare it is equally meaningful to know that great distances are shortened by hearts and souls in resonance through music and goodwill. :pray:

2 Likes

Claudio, dear friend and… “ex-Rabbit”? (why?) I appreciate your words and the warm support you have given me.
I also enjoy your guitars, ideas and musical spirit! :guitar: :guitar: :musical_keyboard:

Envy?? :blush: Thank goodness my ego was reduced to the size of a hazelnut thanks to the fact that staying alive here is above banalities.

Although it’s like sugar, if you consume too much it damages your health, but a little candy once in a while will give you extra energy!

1 Like

overdubbing…
what a strange word… :thinking: :rofl:

Well, I don’t know if I have overdubbed: I loaded your audio in a track, then I added the other 2, then I mixed

I think this is not a regular workflow, because I think studios uses single tracks from everyone
Anyway, I put already the 2 MIDI tracks for EzBass and EzDrummer that you can use with your one matching plugins

And here is the Scaler pattern used to build the bass on, andyou can check and tell us how good Scaler Audio is at detection :grinning:
Scaler.xml (25.7 KB)

ASAP I’ll upload on SoundCLoud the 2 WAV for bass and drums, so I think you’ll have all the needed file to remix

@Flydoggy Thanks for your words! yes, in Bernd’s theme there is a certain reminiscence of Pat lines. Do you have a very perceptive and educated ear toward jazz.

I am a fan of Pat Metheny, especially his jazz world music and sometimes New Age style performance. I love his acoustic sound, but also his incredible solos using the iconic GR-300 guitar synthesizer.

Not that I listen to Pat all the time, sometimes he plays very intellectual and complex material that is hard to digest, and some say he is a bunch of meaningless notes, in a way I understand them, it takes a certain amount of education and developed taste to pick up Pat, but to base hard criticism on just that could mean to haven’t listened to his discography well.

I am perhaps more biased towards blues, traditional and modern rock, pop, latin and so on with hints of fusion.

Pat patented that GR-300 sound as a personal signature, one of the songs that marked me forever for the sublime and almost out of this world is Are You Going With Me.
This is one of the hundreds of versions, in which Pat Metheny demonstrates that over the years he never stops advancing and surpassing himself, always evolving, truly a master.

2 Likes

@ClaudioPorcellana, NICE and interesting subjectives pictures to say the less.

Have you heard about the lightning of Catatumbo here in Venezuela? I think if you go there you will get a dose of electricity worthy of Marvel! and you will become SparKlaudio.

That is one of the few Venezuelan treasures that the dictatorial regime here has not been able to resell or negotiate or destroy LOL

3 Likes

Here is a couple of pictures of the plugins used, just in case

The bass wav

The drums wav