My new Frankfurt Studio is near complete

Well, when I make music, I dont really use the PC typing keyboard. And when I work, I dont have the MIDI controller in front of me, with which I otherwise make music on with my tummy… :sweat_smile:

Thanks @Miki ! I setup an account…looks promising :slight_smile:
Aleamanic | metapop

2 Likes

You have the first follower :slight_smile:

1 Like

BTW, Bitwig is not compatible with my AKAI MIDIMix controller

I found a free preset, but it doesn’t work very well

But in this case I’ll survive because I don’t use it very much

I bought two table tops…7 feet and 5 feet and a Sliding Rail Kit plus two brackets that attach to the underside of the 7 foot table top and then into the Sliding Bracket Kit. That is attached to the 5 foot table top. The Legs I found on Amazon. Works PERFECT. :slight_smile:

My PC is a bit older. Dell Precision 7910. Window 10 Pro running on 2 x 10 Core (40 Virtual Cores) 3.0 Ghz Xeon processors, 128GB RAM, 4GB Dual Video Card, and 7 SSDs drives (3 Internal and 4 external in Tower. For video I use TWO 48" LG Televisions. My interface is a Black Lion “Revolution”, Mackie HR824 Studio Monitors and AKG Headphones. NEVER had ANY issues with the system no matter what I throw at it. Then there are the 51 Guitars I’ve collected over the last 20 years. LOL!

1 Like

Nice setup.

I already had my motorized desk, so I just added the stand with coasters (about $100).

I don’t understand why you all put devices so far away, in parallel lines, instead of arranging them in a semicircle :thinking:

Here is my arrangement
the kid brother of the others :cold_face: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And being more a mousier, the mouse is closer than the MIDI keyboard :rofl:

This was taken with wide lens (13mm) so it deforms the perspective.
Keylab is not that profound. It just looks like KeylabZilla. And also, I pulled it a bit far from my desk so it is not in the working position. My controllers are at the hand distance. I don’t need my toes or elbows to use them :rofl:.
The fact is that my desk is not “extremely large” and the company’s laptop is there (left, on the glass stand) and also I have my two PCs around, one on the floor.

Mechanically, I suppose, they are redundant…(knobs, faders, buttons/pads).
But in the spirit of “one can never have enough MIDI controllers”…and aside the fact that I cannot get the Keylab controls to properly work in Bitwig…

Between the two MIDI controllers, these knobs and faders have different functions across the devices/tracks. One focuses on the DAW level controls, like sends, pan, track volume etc. And the other focuses on track specific, and device specific, controls. Especially in my complex ensembles of nested devices, where I nest up to 8 plugins in the same track (in Bitwig). That is why it comes in handy, that the Launch Control XL fits perfectly on that Keylab space meant for laptops :slight_smile:

1 Like

And another question: why the position of those “things” is so much precise, rather than aleatoric?
:grin:

I want to see them :heart_eyes:

I don’t understand this question?

She means by chance or randomly. :slight_smile:

1 Like

LOL, Claudio is a guy! :slight_smile: And I know what aleatoric means, I introduced the term into the discussion in this forum :wink:

What I dont understand is this part…

“why the position of those “things” is so much precise”

1 Like

Here is a taste…There are MORE in Closet Storage. And BEFORE you ask “Why?”, I’ll answer “Why Not?” :slight_smile:

1 Like

Give me a break…I didn’t have my second cup of coffee yet. It’s only 9:45AM here in Florida. LOL!

I could be wrong but I think HE is asking why they’re so organized as opposed to randomly strewn about which makes no sense anyway. :slight_smile:

1 Like

“they” being what? I have no clue whats being talked about…

1 Like

Apparently neither does he and is being humorous though I still don’t get it.

Your Falcon track sounds terrific! :slight_smile:

If I understand Claudio he means why is your desk arranged neatly and not randomly. The equipment.

1 Like