New to music theory. So confused . Please help lol

Hey guys. New to scaler and still having trouble assigning notes and chords and scales to my keybed. Maybe I misunderstood.

Any instructional videos or tips? Also I have a touch screen monitor, so should I just access that nice and quickly to change what’s on the keybed while I’m playing when I want a quick option.

Maybe I’m too new to this music theory thing lol.

Also what size keyboard should I get to take most advantage of scaler? Again primarily a guitarist so knobs and switches and buttons should help with keyswitches I think. Was looking at this thing? Or maybe I should go with the 49 key? I figured with the touchscreen I may not need more but IDK bnugagdgugzttd17xwmc|499x499

Thanks so much for the help guys.

Youtube is your friend. Search for Scaler 2 tutorials. More keys the better for Scaler. Atm we don’t support midi mapping and key switches are trigged by keys so 49/64 key minimum.

1 Like

Any chance you will support midi mapping ? That would be a great feature!

So you think 49 keys will let me access all the notes chords in any scale?

@davide thanks…

Midi Mapping on the roadmap and the more keys the better particularly if you have a chord sets with lots of chords and want to use keyswitches. 49 is ok but not ideal

2 Likes

Oh sweet it’s on the list! So I’ll be able to assign CCs to knobs and buttons on a keyboard, to forward the keybed??

That’s the plan
: )
cheers.

1 Like

Thanks Davide!!! :grin::grin: