Notes from Bound C scale can be heard in chords

I can clearly hear/detect notes from the bound C scale in the chords. Thus chords aren’t pure or true to my original intentions instead I am hearing extensions. This is very noticeable when sending a midi clip through. Ie: midi notes triggering a bound chord set. This should be possible I believe and a way in which to use Scaler without having to use full midi clips containing all the midi notes as you might do in midi capture mode. However something appears to be going wrong here. I mainly use Mixcraft 9. Is there any known issues?

Hi @Jumbodude

from what you are describing it seems you are hearing the trigger notes that are supposed to be silent and play chords.

I don’t have this issue here and I don’t think it has been reported as an existing problem.
Is it possible that Mixcraft is sending the MIDI note to another instrument? Or to another instance of Scaler in which the bind would not be activated?

Thanks,
Ed

Yes that is correct. Checked again and still happens in that project no matter if you are re routing the midi out to a different track or if you are sending to another instrument on the same track as Scaler. However I set up another project to check all these options and using Scaler 1 as well. All options worked without any similar problems. I set up to work every binding option in the C scale to trigger the same chord so that I would be able to hear any differences or extensions taking place but I didn’t hear any differences. I can’t understand why it happened in the project I described other than it being a very large project.

Hi @Jumbodude

if the issue only appears in your existing project I suspect it is something related to the MIDI routing.

It has been reported once before, but we never managed to reproduce it. We suspect it is caused by a track or a plugin listening to all incoming midi from the keyboard instead of the filtered output coming from Scaler.

If you find a simple reproducible way, please let us know and we will have a look at it.

Thanks,
Ed

Ed- working some more on the checking project I have found that KEY SWITCHES in the Pad view are also making / transmitting notes to the instruments after Scaler in any configurations that I make although the other part relating to actual chord triggers in each respective pattern doesn’t seem to be transmitting the midi notes . So initial issue doesn’t any longer appear to be the problem but there is a related issue in relation to the Key SWITCHES now. This is only a small project that I made just to check these issues.

This is not a huge problem other than if you were to want to programme in pattern changes in an automated fashion via triggers in actual midi clips. Then the audible sound would be annoying. At the moment it is just a bit off putting and interrupts concentration!

Regards

Hi @Jumbodude

is this hapenning only when controlling external instruments or with Scaler internal sounds as well?

Thanks,
Ed