Pattern Creator to Work with Scaler

I’d love to do this as well. I think the only way is manually. I’m going to try some of my favorites and see how that goes.

Could it be a limitation of the demo version? Never had that issue with mine.

I have just discovered an issue on using Stochas in Ableton Live.

On the configuration that I have posted above; if you set the Note Length to 100% and Length Variance to 0, Stochas still seems to apply a random length variance and hence outputs varying lengths of midi notes. The developers seem to think that as “The length variance is one of the automatable parameters, … it is somehow receiving that parameter from the host.”

However, the configuration works on Reaper. There is no variation in note length!

Another option would be StepicVST or Stepic for Live (the Ableton version).
There are some very good tutorials on YouTube for it.
For me it works both in Studio One and Reaper.

Cheers

1 Like

This sounds interesting. I want to know more about this approach. How do you set up Stocha’s “Passthru MIDI Data” and “Respond to MIDI” ?

This looks very interesting! Is it as variable as it looks? I would love to have subtle shifts overtime.

I’m not an expert, but it gives me lots of opportunities to (try and) do things.
Download the trial and have a go at it :grinning:

Ah they have a trial! Great, I’ll do that.

Unfortunately, it need Max for Live also

A perennial issue of “for live” devices. If you only have Live Standard the device will not work until you upgrade or purchase Max for Live.

This is usually hidden in the small print.

1 Like

@OldTimerBill Sorry I have not had the issue you’re describing. Just a guess but to me it just sounds like you’re clipping the output of the synth somewhere. Either on the output of the synth or on the channel in your DAW that the synth is patched into, etc… Or just overloading your main out even? Not sure.

If you like fancy delays, check this one out…

https://chowdsp.com/products.html

1 Like

Execution and development environments are usually separable. I can’t figure out why Ableton don’t provide a ‘run time’ environment which allows the execution of Max for Live devices, but inhibits any changes to the functions except where enabled by programmed parameters.
IMHO this would give Max device developers a larger market and potentially trigger more Max for Live development licences as well.

Thanks for the lead. I did buy the extra presets. The installation is a bit tricky, because you have to manually place the presets in an existing hidden folder. I suppose because it is third party, but it does work and provides another 100 presets.

1 Like