Perfectionism

…now that I settled back in the old country, I have to live up to the reputation, lol

3 Likes

aleanism?
he he he :rofl:

Now that you mention it, those text/button overruns seem rather random, oh yes, if only it could influence my music in aleatoric ways :wink:

you can always throw the dice (the real ivory ones, not a trivial randomizer plugin YUK!) and set a different chord to each number…
:rofl:

Joking aside, I found that too much complex chords are not good for solos in green-keys :thinking:
notably for Hammond solos
a bit better for distorted guitar solos
Have you noticed?

Did you see my Youtube banner picture? I took that, those are my dice.

But other than that, the workflow with the IRL dice is a bit clumsy, too much creative friction. The plugins flow better and ultimately are more dynamic in their combinatorial explosions…

1 Like

Not sure what you mean with “green keys”. Often when I pick chords that complex, I use them to feed an (aleatoric) arpeggiator, to create a melody. It’s the next best thing to just throwing a whole scale into RandArp :slight_smile:

:astonished:

Pls link to the music generated by this…

mind thysen, albelt thee one, put twood intoil
I failed German at school, but although passing French I preferred German because there seemed to be strict pronunciation rules (unless you were in Zurich - zwei vs zwo …) , so it’s sort of phonetic.
So you would be at home in Derbyshire because it’s pronounced how it’s written, and the bits are fairly clear … “thy” = your / “thee” = you / “sen” = self etc… “t…” is either ‘the’ or ‘to’ e.g "t’neet = tonight. “t’wood intoil” = ’ the wood (door) in the hole (opening)'.

1 Like

I think we have all mentioned them many times, anyway here they are

Yes, I know those, but I don’t understand how they relate to the complex chords? In my understanding the green keys are mapped to a scale, and not chords or progressions. Am I off?

I don’t know that exactly
I just noticed that using them to solo guitars they are usually fine: few or zero notes out of tune
If I use a keyboard instead, notably my GSi - VB3-II Hammond, I have many notes out-of.tune
I’ll issue a query to the support

Isn’t that part of the charme of old Hammonds, the slight out of tune wobble? :slight_smile:

Ideally paired with some rotating Leslie speakers… :laughing:

unfortunately it isn’t :rofl:
it happens the same with other keyboards

So you have a keyboard that makes sound (Hammond) - kind of like an old analog synth? And because the notes are out of tune, when you have too complex of a chord (with too many notes) the out-of-tune problem amplifies, if I understand correctly?

when you say “keyboards” do you mean analog synths or organs that make sound, or MIDI keyboard (which would baffle me, how a MIDI keyboard can be out of tune).

I mean plugins that output analog synths or organs sounds
it’s clear to me that any bad-producer uses a MIDI controller, and I am the baddest :rofl:

no, the notes in the chords made by Scaler are OK

is when I play a solo in the Keys-Lock green-keys that many solo notes are out-of-tune compared to the chords played by Scaler in that moment

Oh ok, has nothing to do with the keyboard, it’s a Scaler dynamic. I will have to play around with that to hear it for myself…

Seems to be the “Chord Extensions” that can sound a bit funky. Not sure what the concept behind those note choices are…

I put another Scaler behind the original one in Chord Extension mode, and played chords and extended (green) notes simultaneously, and had the second Scaler instance “Detect” the incoming combinations. Looks like the Chord Extensions are 7th, 9th, 13th etc…like in the Voicings options in Section B.