Piano roll in Scaler?!

Personal feeling: SCALER EDIT page needs to be upgraded. I rarely use it. Actually this page could do better.

Bingo! I think you are on to something there :blush:

3 Likes

I even forgot that it exists. That place has a lot of potential to do even more amazing things.

1 Like

Interesting. I won’t say it couldn’t be improved upon. But I use Section C all the time. Multiple patterns and with the somewhat recent update that allows you to switch between patterns with key switches I essentially use it to build up a song sequence. And then I either drag the MIDI out or capture what I play in Scaler and then drag it out.

If I want Piano Roll or Music Notation I use my DAW. Some of the preset performances do not conform to the exact chords I want to use so I’ll record them with the wrong notes then use the Piano Roll MIDI Editor or the Score Editor to adjust the notes.

A Mini Piano Roll Editor inside of Scaler would be fine, but I’d rather see improvements in other parts of the program.

2 Likes

I think Scalers playback engine could be developed into something similar more exciting, maybe as the Reason Chord Sequencer.
You drag in your chords on a time line. See the bottom of the Reason player. Nice if it can be up to 8 bars long and up to 1/32 resolution.

But with added features:
Apply a performance per cord.
Edit the performance midi notes (could be a pop out window, and save). That way I can make my own ostinatos, strums, riffs, etc. And apply it on a per chord basis.

+++ For a piano roll. Would be great to see what is going and quickly make edits via a piano roll would be save so much time.

Reason products are great. Really fodder for creativity. There are a lot of great ones in addition to the chord program.

The only thing and a really big thing I hate about Reason Studio is its own Daw system and it is too dependent on it.