Please add the option to download our own posts

I regularly print my post to make them safe, and to do searches faster
This because I mostly find workflows by accident, and after some time I don’t remember what I did
:woozy_face: :crazy_face: :rofl:

Now I found that I cannot print too many times, why?

{“errors”:[“You’ve performed this action too many times, please try again later.”]}

And, there is a way you add the option to download all personal posts clean?
For “clean” I mean text and pictures only, without other not relevant window items

Hi @ClaudioPorcellana

if you go into your preferences in the forum. You can access them by clicking on your avatar in the top right, then the “User icon” > Preferences.

You should see tabs, click on “Activity”, and “Download All” in the bottom left:

Ahem,
I opened the zip and found a dozen of Excel files…
I forgot to mention I hate Excel!
:rofl:

That said, what am I supposed to do with this?

Compared to this?

thanks anyway @Ed1
I’ll keep doing CTRL+P
:grinning:

Thanks @Ed1, this is great to know! It already saved me a ton of time searching and organizing some things…had no idea it was there.

@ClaudioPorcellana (I’m pretty sure I know where this is going to go, but I thought I give it a shot :slight_smile: )

On that screen Ed pointed out, I’m assuming you saw that you could print/save all your posts in one document…you’ll just want to expand the messages with the carrot (to the right) but it will give you all your text and picts If you are going post by post, this might save you some time.

Also, as for fast searching, this system is one of the best I’ve seen lately. I’m assuming you know you can add you user tag to the search box to filter your own posts.
Searching on: @ClaudioPorcellana guitar midi ableton got me 32 results in about 1.5 seconds.
Not sure how much faster you need.

As for that data download, the.csv format and payload is actually very useful for part of what you described. You have set Excel as your default for that file type (comma separated value) but any app you prefer for managing structured data will work…it just won’t look pretty by default. You could even drop it into Word but yuk.

Since you hate Excel and I love it, I wont go into all the benefits of using it for tabular data and archiving. :slight_smile:

Of course the Rabbit Composer will go after the carrots :rofl:

carat / caret / carrot / karat | Common Errors in English Usage and More | Washington State University (wsu.edu)

1 Like

nope: it is really that HAL9000 gets angry if you print more than xx pages/minute
:rofl:

clearly… LMAO…

I’m a little slow and therefore comfortable being a little confused.

I can print 50+ pages of my posts to PDF in a few seconds from this forum using Save to PDF in the browser print dialog and Hal does not complain at all.

Are you talking about using actual pigment and dry wood pulp from a beige box in the corner?
I thought you said your issue was you wanted to search faster?

I found the issue clicking on CTRL+P, so maybe this is a bug of this platform
Not a big problem anyway, because I don’t need printing so commonly

actual pigment and dry wood pulp from a beige box in the corner?

LOL

I thought you said your issue was you wanted to search faster?

Yes, searching faster using the name of post PDFs placed in the relevant particular folder
The problem is just that I used CTRL+P instead of Save to PDF
HAL9000 is a very fussy bunch of cards
:grinning:

1 Like