Plug-In Window Helper for Ableton Live and Bitwig Studio

Anybody who uses Ableton Live or Bitwig Studio on Windows…

I’ve created a free open-source utility called plugin-window-helper (PWH for short). It’s an AutoHotkey script that gives you quick access to your plug-in windows from anywhere in your DAW, and lets you instantly hide them when they get in the way.

I’ve been using it myself for a few weeks, and I find it really speeds up my workflow - especially when I use Scaler with other plug-ins. It’s at the point now where it’s pretty solid, and I think it makes sense to let other people know about it and get some feedback! Since I :heart: this community I wanted to give you guys first crack at it.

If this sounds like something you might like, please check it out and let me know what you think!

plugin-window-helper on GitHub

Cool, had a look through. I’m a Mac user so I’m out Logic is pretty good at handling PI windows in that V hides or shows all, you can also link a channel so opening a channel opens the respective plugs. I would like to see a system that works like Tuck on MacOS. Enabling you to tuck windows to a certain position. you could have as many positions as your monitor allows. I could have 20 with my 49" UW screen and they could serve like hidden off screen tabs. Thanks for sharing.

Great, switch windows faster. I use STUDIO ONE, can I use it? I don’t know if I can do a video teaching. My English is not good. Although I can translate it, I am afraid that there will be problems in the translation, which will cause me to fail to understand the real meaning and be afraid of wrong operations. Do any friends have time to make a video? Thanks again everyone.

I played with that type of approach, but in the end I decided that hiding and showing was a better fit for my workflow. It doesn’t get in the way of positioning my plug-in windows any way I like, including multi-window layouts. Plus it’s compatible with Ableton’s native hide/show plug-ins feature.

No, it’s only compatible with Ableton Live and Bitwig Studio. I haven’t yet looked into adding Studio One support, because I feel like Studio One already does a great job of managing plug-in windows - better than Ableton or Bitwig. What would you change about Studio One’s handling of plug-in windows?

1 Like