Ableton Live 10.1.13
***[SEE ADDENDUM] 1. When section C is in Bind, clicking on pads with a mouse, the notes continue playing after release until hitting MIDI panic. You can play through the chords and the previous pad will be cut off so the notes are not cumulative. This does not happen when section is not in Bind. It does not happen triggering from keyboard.
- You cannot play through linked patterns seamlessly if Patterns are not in ALL PATTERN VIEW. Playing from one pattern to the next won’t play the next pattern right away. You need to play the pad a second time after it switches over. [Patterns do play through linked when playing synced to the DAW just not manually UNLESS the show all patterns window in open.]
3. Rests don’t play through when synced to DAW. That is the same as 2.1
ADDENDUM: OK I’ve figured out how to reproduce the latched notes issue.
1. Load or create a session with at least 2 patterns.
2. Link the patterns. Open the All Pattern View
3. Click on a pad and it should behave normally. Play on click, stop on release. Activate an Expression.
4. Now either click on the play arrow to play the pattern or sync to DAW and press play. Then stop. You don’t need to let the whole pattern play.
5. Now click on a pad and it should continue to play after releasing.
6. Now if you click on a blank pad to add a chord you should get a crash as well.