Problem with mixing down with Scaler

I tried mixing those tracks down to stems this morning. Unfortunately with the same result.
I replaced Strum with Kontakt Acoustic Sessions 2 and Sunburst which are also pattern based guitars and everything seems to work fine. It appears to me that for whatever reason Scaler and Strum don’t play well together within the Mixcraft environment. Curious to know if that combo works in other DAW’s after the mixdown.
Thank you to everyone for trying to help. I’m a huge fan of Scaler and use it extensively.

I’ve never heard of this issue before. Since I can’t run Mixcraft on Mac there isn’t much more I can contribute.

This combo is amazing in Ableton Live
I use it everyday in many ways
unless I didn’t got the meaning of “mixdown”

@ClaudioPorcellana Mixdown is when you take you take all your used tracks in Ableton and mix them down to a stereo track. But you know that. Although I am curious what you mean by this though - - “I use it everyday in many ways”. How many ways?

1 Like

Hi @Clintmusic What version of scaler are you using, current V is 2.4.1
Also platform / OS?

OK, then I confirm that “This combo is amazing in Ableton Live Standard, and I use it everyday in many ways”

Now, if you are curious about “how many ways”, I never calculated the number, but they are about 3-4
just search in my posts about AAS Strum-GS :grin:

I’m using ver 2.4.1 with Windows 10. I played around some more. It works fine in the mixdown if I just combine Scaler and Strum with chords. But when I add in the pattern (Affretando) it sounds great in Mixcraft but falls apart after mixing down to MP3. I tried other patterns to see what would happen. Some worked better than others, but Affretando completely falls apart.

Sounds like Mixcraft isn’t processing the MIDI correctly. Can you route the audio from Strum to another audio track and record that live?

Whenever I use scaler, or Strum tracks, before trying to mix down, I run the project whilst recording the miditracks to a dedicated audio track, within the DAW as the project plays. ( I use Cakewalk by Band Lab)Then I delete the scaler and strum plug ins, whilst making sure the audio tracks are OK. Then you can mix down the project (when ready) as if you had played the instruments, to a stereo master.

Interesting, not sure if Mixcraft is capable of doing that. I’ll look into it.
Thanks

Any DAW should be capable of that. You have the full version of Mixcraft? Is there an indication of an input and output destination on each track?

OK, I was able to do that. But, the problem was still there.
However, I did find a decent workaround. I recorded the three problematic tracks with Audacity and saved them as wav files. Then replaced the problem tracks with those wav’s.
Thanks to everyone for the help! It forced me to think in more creative ways.

Sounds like it’s a Mixcraft issue. Have you asked about it at the Mixcraft forum?

Yes, I’ve been working with Mixcraft support but they haven’t been able to solve it either.