S2 - Guitar pondering

Working on 2.5 with a Q4 release. Expecting some great advancement here

2 Likes

Sounds great! But until then, are there any techniques or other plugins that can be useful? I use Logic and thinking about realistic sounding fingerpicking.
I know that some find AAS Strum-GS 2 very useful but I don’t have it.
Any ideas?

@hummersallad
I think to remember they have summer sales, here maybe

Let’s turn our stopwatch ON :grin:
orologio

Yes, thanks! It is on a 50% discount right now which is great. But unfortunately I have already just bought Orange Tree Steel Strings so I cannot afford another library/plugin right now. But AAS Strum-GS 2 looks very interesting.
I will simply have to look for alternative ways and wait for the Q4 release!

I looked the manual (I cannot try it because I don’t like kontakt, and my PC cannot manage modern hypertrophic sampled plugins) so I don’t understand if you can drive it with Scaler in the same way I drive AAS Strum-GS 2, but you can search “Strum-GS 2” in the forum, and you’ll find many proof of concepts of mine, last one included, where I use 1 or 2 Scaler instances to drive the 2 only playable modes of AAS Strum-GS 2

If you cannot drive this way Orange with Scaler, this is another reason for me to be stuck on “AAS Strum-GS 2” whose" strumming experience", compared to the other plugins I tested, is the closest to a real guitar IMHO

Its only severe drawback is that there is no MIDI out, so recording pattern variations live is impossible

one alternative that I think doable with Scaler is the free plugin Ample Guitar M Lite II

(Whops! Deleted my post by mistake! :crazy_face:)

Thanks! :grinning:
Now I have several options/ideas that I can explore and that will keep me busy for some time.
BTW, I’m not so much interesting in strumming chords but instead fingerpicking melodies. I have realized that in order to make it sound realistic I need to use various key switches on almost every note. So I better get used to that!

1 Like

this is just the thing I am trying to reproduce with Scaler and AAS Strum GS, so please read this proof of concept that goes in the that direction AFAIK

With this setup you can actually have Scaler pressing strings with its virtual left hand making chords, and a 2nd Scaler doing finger picking with its virtual right hand; or you can use your real right hand to tickle the proper keys
:guitar:

Clearly, all that may work or not with your guitar plugin

I am happy about that
But maybe your family is less happy
:grin: :rofl:

Well, luckily I’m 67, retired and single so I can do whatever I want 24/7! :partying_face: :grin:

Any Kontakt Library can be driven by Scaler in any thinkable combination. And Kontakt sends MIDI to the outside world which opens always new possibilities. Kontakt and Scaler work together beautifully.

Yes, Scaler works great with Kontakt libraries but my problem is finding patterns that sound like a human being actually playing a guitar. 2.5 will hopefully add this feature but Q4 is far in the future!
Anyway, I’m hope I can create something useful in the meantime.

I love Scaler very much, and I use it each day, but I doubt the next release will be able to beat a plugin developed for a particular instrument like Strum-GS, UJAM, etc

This because Scaler is not a rompler, and not meant to become in the future

So I think that a combination of Scaler and specialized plugin PLUS your hands-on will be always needed

my 2 cent of carrots

NI Session Guitar series.

1 Like

Is the guitarist still on board?

Thanks for mentioning NI Session Guitar series. It was not on my radar! They actually have quite a few flavors. Just missed the latest sale so I’ll wait for the next one. BF?

Totally forgot about UJAM. Their “SILK” guitar was on sale a year ago on VST BUZZ for only €39! Normal price €129! It seems very interesting. Lots of future possibilities!

About UJAM, there are some posts that may be worthy to read

1 Like

My preferred guitar plugin is the MusicLab Gibson Les Paul anyway

The only reason why I bought it, then asked for a refund, is that my PC coped perfectly with the demo, BUT crashed with the full plugin that requires a PC way stronger than mine

The day I’ll upgrade my PC, I think I’ll go for it, because it works perfectly with Scaler, way better and easier than all the others plugins I tested (that have a demo)

1 Like